Chapter 244

Chapter 244 Scepter of Life

De'frei's emotions stirred when he stared at the Goblin Compass, and his gripped on the device tightened, "Orthus is alive... Orthus is still alive..."

Ciel was enraged when he saw the interaction between De'frei and the duo, "What are you doing, De'frei? Are you befriending these lowly Elves? Do you know that it's a serious crime? I'm ordering you to activate the Iron Warrior! Do it now!" he waved his scepter, and a bright glow emanated from the blue gem on top of the scepter, accompanied by the low crackling sound of electricity.

Ye Ci knew that time was of the essence, and that she had no time to waste. She went straight to the point, "Orthus sent us. Do you want to leave, or are you staying?" After all, it was hinted by the system that De'frei would be able to help with the boss.

"What? Orthus sent you? By the Gods... That poor child.. Doesn't he know that how dangerous it is?" De'frei was surprised when he heard Ye Ci's words, "Why must he take such a huge risk? I'm happy as long as he's alive!"

Ye Ci could barely hold back the urge to roll her eyes. We're the ones who are risking ourselves here, not Orthus! Why would NPCs always credit themselves with everything good while pinning their misdeeds on the players? How shameless!

"So, Mr.De'frei, are you coming with us, or will you stay?" urged Ye Ci. She could no longer remain calm. Ciel was bound to act, but De'frei was still wasting their time with meaningless words. She would die in the Western Continent if the situation continued to drag on, and the death penalty in a hostile continent was very high.

De'frei was at a loss, "Do I leave... Or do I stay... Do I leave... Or do I stay...." he muttered under his breath.

"Mr.De'frei, if you stay, you'll be forced to do things that you hate." Fleeting Time spoke up as well.

"But... But..." De'frei was apparently conflicted, "But Vo'sok is the home of the Goblins."

"Vo'sok has already been wiped out from any known maps! It's nothing but a pile of rubble infested with Undeads and Orcs." said Fleeting Time, "It may be harsh, but this is the reality, Mr.De'frei! Ciel has become Naga's henchman, and if you stay here, you're no better than him."

"Don't forget that Orthus had always been waiting for you." Ye Ci seized the opportunity to speak out the words that she knew would definitely entice De'frei.

De'frei's expression immediately lit up when he heard Ye Ci's words, "That's right, Orthus is waiting for me! We still have a lot of things to do! A lot of projects to complete! I must leave this damn place! I must go to Orthus!"

"Do not try my patience, De'frei! You know what will happen if you incur my wrath! Activate the Iron Warrior now, and send these Elves into the oblivion!" one could tell from the bloodlust in Ciel's eyes that the king had lost even the last shred of his rationality.

"Alright Elves, I've decided to lend you my aid. Ciel is completely mad. He cares about nothing but reviving his wive, the Drow Llaesnyffan. He no longer cares about what happens to the Goblins. I must leave this place. Do you see that Iron Warrior? It is the greatest work of my life, but it is not complete. Ciel forced me to build the Iron Warrior not for Vo'sok, but for Llaesnyffan's soul. The Dark Lord stole that Drow's soul so that Ciel would build him the Iron Warrior, but..." De'frei sat up, and a solemn expression crept into his face.

"But what?"

"If the Iron Warrior is activate, it'll wreak destruction upon the palace and Vo'sok as well." De'frei stood up and faced the duo, "Are you still willing to rescue me despite the danger?"

"Of course, Mr. De'frei. We Elves always stay true to our words. You can trust in us." Ye Ci bowed at De'frei.

"So be it. My dear Elves, I will activate the Iron Warrior. One of you must target the weak spot on its chest. The Iron Warrior is not completed yet, it is still weak, but you have to remember that you only have an hour to destroy the Iron Warrior or we will never be able to leave this place." said De'frei.