Chapter 275 & 276

Chapter 275 The Sacred Spring (Part 1)

The Sacred Spring

Ye Ci was finally on the Sacred Snowy Mountain.

But the location of the spring was not easy to find.

Ye Ci had spent an entire day exploring the mountain, but the Sacred Spring was still nowhere in sight. She started a fire in the middle of a forest and began roasting some meat. Due to the lack of spice, she was not able to cook anything other than roasted meat. But because of her higher quality meat harvested from the Snow Bears she had slain, Ye Ci was still able to recover a significant amount of her Stamina.

Even Ol' Four was salivating from the smell of the roasted meat. It did not attempt to steal Ye Ci's food, but it was obvious that the beast was begging for food from the looks that it was giving Ye Ci.

Ye Ci was busy marking her map of the Sacred Snowy Mountain to identify the terrain that she had explored when she noticed Ol' Four's gaze. She stared at Ol' Four and sighed, "It's time for you to slim down. People are saying that you've grown fat. It'll make you ugly."

Ol' Four snorted at Ye Ci, as if it was proclaiming its satisfaction towards its own body figure.

Ye Ci cast a sideway glance at Ol' Four and delivered her threat. "But if you grow too fat, you'll be slow. And if you're slow... I'll consider getting rid of you."

Ol' Four snorted again, but Ye Ci could not understand her pet.

The meat was already cooked by then. Ye Ci sighed as she lifted one of the pieces of meat and waved it in front of Ol' Four, which was tracking the meat with its eyes. It grunted in frustration at the food that was just out of its reach, and Ye Ci was satisfied with the trouble that she caused Ol' Four. she nodded and threw the meat at Ol' Four and chuckled as her pet devoured the meat, "This is the last time you'll ever get a treat. You're on a diet starting tomorrow."

Ol' Four grumbled at Ye Ci, obviously ignoring her threat. To Ol' Four, what comes tomorrow is something that it only has to worry about on the next day.

Ye Ci looked at the setting sun as he munched on her food. The bright red sun was about to sink below the horizon, and a Sacred Snowy Mountain without sunlight would be much colder. So how the hell am I supposed to look for the Sacred Spring? Thought Ye Ci. She was not fond of the cold weather.

The land was enveloped by darkness when the sun finally sank below the horizon.

With a sudden movement, Ol' Four raised its head and began studying its surroundings, and its throat began rumbling with its low growl. It was a response that would typically be displayed by Ol' Four when danger was near. Ye Ci was alarmed by the sudden display. Is there something out there?

She immediately put out the fire with snow. The sizzling sound of the charcoal as the fire was put out was especially loud compared to the quiet forest. Ol' Four was growling loudly as its muscles tense. It was ready to meet any threat in battle.

Ye Ci patted Ol' Four as a signal for her pet to quiet down, and waved at it so that it would crouch down beside her. Despite its reluctance, Ol' Four obeyed.

A Hunter would never choose a random spot to take a rest in the wilderness. A resting spot must always have an easy escape route while offering great concealment for the Hunter.

Such was the spot that Ye Ci had chosen. She was mostly hidden by fallen and dried trees while a wide path was not far away behind her. In the dark of the night, it was easy for her to hide in such terrain.

What sort of danger has Ol' Four sensed?

Ye Ci began studying her surroundings to spot the source of danger that sent Ol' Four on edge.