Chapter 335 & 336

Chapter 335 A Maze Dungeon

Ye Ci had mostly never noticed the Builder's Guild in her last life. With her always running from people after her life, she did not have time to care about the other aspects of the game.

This was her first time in the Builder's Guild, and her first time meeting the super secret highly intelligent NPC.

The NPC was a bald man in his late seventies. He was dressed in a purple robe decorated by a crest with a black Gryphon. It was the symbol of the Council of Elders of the Eastern Continent, and a sign that the Guild Master of the Builder's Guild held a high rank in the Eastern Continent's capital. Despite his plump face, the man's beard was almost as white as snow, and the pair of glasses on his face hid the intimidating aura that would otherwise radiate from his stern gaze partially.

The NPC was poring over a large drawing with a magnifying glass when Ye Ci entered the room. He stopped his work and looked up at Ye Ci when he noticed her presence.

Ye Ci was immediately caught in his sharp gaze, and she greeted the elder with respect, "Greetings, most honorable Guild Master."

"Ah, an Elvish adventurer. I'm glad to meet you here." the intimidating aura of the old man was replaced by a kind demeanor, "I've heard from Wyatt here that you're interested in building something."

"Yes, Guild Master. I wish to build a series of fortifications in the wild. May I know what sort of procedures I have to go through first?" Ye Ci immediately went straight to the point. She knew that it was futile to attempt to trick a highly intelligent NPC that might even outsmart her. The only way she could get what she wanted was to be honest.

"Why do you want to do that, adventurer?" instead of answering Ye Ci's question, the Guild Master responded with a question of his own, "It's way harder to maintain than buildings in already established cities."

A smile appeared on Ye Ci's face. An intelligent NPC would never make decisions based solely on a player's words. They had their own thoughts, and would make judgement based on their interaction with a player. That was why Ye Ci responded with sincerity and truthfully, "It's simple. I have my eyes on a nice stretch of land, and I've decided to build fortifications to protect it. What sort of procedure do I have to go through to obtain a permit?"

"Oh?" The Guild Master narrowed his eyes at Ye Ci, trying to detect any lies from Ye Ci's behavior. But the adventurer standing before him met his gaze firmly. It was apparent that she was not lying, "It's not that you can't get a permit, but it'll be troublesome."

"I am not afraid of trouble, Guild Master." replied Ye Ci.

Other than a large sum of fees, Ye Ci was required to submit blueprints created by at least one Master Builder. She was also required to obtain a quest item called the "Building Tome" from an NPC called "Traitor Builder", which was the final boss of a 10-players dungeon called the Builder's Guild Basement.

The fees and the blueprints were not a problem for Ye Ci, but the dungeon was an entirely different matter. It was a dungeon that was triggered by her actions in the game. Not a single player had encountered something like this in her past life. She was truly a pioneer in exploring this dungeon.

It was easy for her to recruit the help of ten of Upwards Ho!'s elite players. With the interior of the dungeon still unknown, Ye Ci formed a well balanced party with a Cleric, a Priest, a Warrior, a Rogue, two Sorcerers, a Warlock, a Berserker and a Huntress which was Ye Ci herself.

She did not bring any members of the first squadron along as they were busy with the exploration of the Scorched Canyon dungeons. Her party was formed from the elites of the second squadron.