Chapter 209 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 209 Axia Mist

Western Continent, Genesis guild

The Genesis guild had been farming equipment for their members.. When the dungeon had been cleared, Absalom commented on the performance of his members. " You guys did a good job today. Axia Mist, great job with interrupting the boss's skill. Your Backstab was timed nicely as well." he then began looting the boss that had just been defeated. A Purple quality Rogue's dagger was among the loot. "Hmm... Axia Mist seems to have a bit worse than the average equipment in the party. I think this dagger..."

Axia Mist spoke up before Absalom could finish his sentence, "Guild leader, I don't need that equipment. Can you give me some gold instead?"

This was not the first time Axia Mist refused to receive an equipment after a dungeon raid, and Absalom had turned a blind eye to Axia Mist's behavior beforehand. "Mist, you do know that your equipment contributes to the overall strength of the guild. You are part of the guild, and the quality of your equipment will affect the guild's combat power. Shouldn't you show some team spirit?"

"Guild leader, I know that. But I'm still going to ask for gold instead. I don't want that dagger." Axia Mist shook his head.

Absalom wordlessly handed the dagger to another Rogue, while taking 100,000 gold coins from the Rogue to Axia Mist. As Absalom traded the gold coins to Axia Mist, he stared at his young face and said in a serious tone, "Mist, I have to ask, did something happen in real lif-"

"It's nothing, guild leader. You don't have to keep guessing. I'll give you an answer when the time comes." Absalom was cut off mid sentence by Axia Mist, who accepted the gold coins.

Absalom nodded at Axia Mist, and dismissed the party. He cast a glance at Axia Mist, and walked towards Fleeting Time, who was harvesting meat from the fallen monsters. "Say, do you really need to do this every time you see the carcass of a dead animal? Do you really need that many meat?" said Absalom as he knelt down beside Fleeting Time.

Fleeting Time cast a glance sideways, "Someone who does not have a gluttonous pet has no rights to talk to me about this."

Absalom could only offer him a smile. He knew the hardships of being a Hunter. Almost every Hunter he knew was doing the same thing. They would scrounge for every ounce of meat they could get their hands on, so that their pets could enjoy better food. Even a God-tier player like Fleeting Time could not escape from such a fate.

"Fine! Can I ask a favor from you?" Absalom knew that this was not a topic that he could have a debate with Fleeting Time, and immediately shifted the conversation.

Fleeting Time did not even stop his movement when he spoke up softly, "If you want me to go have a talk with Axia Mist, then the answer is no."

"Oi oi oi..." even after his intention was seen through and rejected by Fleeting Time, Absalom did not give up, "Fleeting Time, have you ever been kind?"

"I'm a nice guy! I've always been kind." Fleeting Time did not even look at Absalom as he spoke out the words.

"If you're kind, you wouldn't have rejected my request!"

When his words created a silence, Absalom unleashed his inner monk, and began nagging at Fleeting Time, slowly chipping away his mental resistance. Fleeting Time was quite impressed by Absalom. The man could spout streams after streams of nonsense when he was trying to persuade a person or give someone a moral lesson. What impressed Fleeting Time was that he never repeated himself, even while talking about pointless things. He was doing the same thing to Fleeting Time, starting from how God created the world and how it was a sin for Fleeting Time to not help him out.