Chapter 249

Chapter 249 Guild Affairs

It was much simpler to return to Eastern Continent from Hurricane City. Ye Ci bought a few flying shards and headed towards the teleport crystal. Once there, it would only take but mere moments for her to return to Eastern Continent.

As Southern Continent's capital, Hurricane City was far more prosperous compared to smaller cities. The city design was very different from the layout of Champion City. While Champion City was set up like an eight trigram, with the administrative area in the center, surrounded by different districts with roads providing easy to all parts of the city, Hurricane City was built like an inwards sinking basin. The administration hub of the city was located at its center while its districts were scattered around the slopes of the basin. From afar, one could see that the administration area was at a slightly lower elevation than its surrounding districts.

The city's terrain was deemed disadvantageous for any defenders, but Hurricane City had the best fortifications among the four major cities. Any attackers would find themselves at odds against the formidable defenses of the city. The developers did their best to eliminate the presence of bugs from the game, which was why bugs were very few and far between in Fate.

Ye Ci followed the crowd towards the administrative district's largest teleportation crystal. This was the city's main crystal. It was the best choice for another continent's player like her as the main teleportation crystals was connected to all of the major cities in the other continents.

The Hunter enjoyed high Agility and Balance, while having a slightly lower Perception. Even when Ye Ci's Perception could not compare to a Rogue's, it was still considerably high when compared to the average player. She could feel gazes locking on to her as she waded through the crowd, but could find nothing suspicious whenever she turned around. Was it just my imagination?

Ye Ci sighed and continued with unhurried steps. She spotted a group of soldiers patrolling the streets, and immediately ducked into their midst, disappearing into a nearby alleyway. She activated Camouflage and immediately and melted into her surroundings.

Two Rogues appeared just when Ye Ci activated her abilities, and she was not familiar with the faces she saw.

"Where did she go?" one of the Rogues was a Human while his companion an Undead. The one who spoke up was the Undead Rogue. His skin was pasty white, and his grey eyes that were unique only to his race shone with a hint of ferocity. With a glance, Ye Ci could tell that the player was clad in Purple quality equipment. This meant that he was no ordinary player.

"I have no idea. She disappeared right as she passed by the sentries." thought slightly inferior to the Undead, the Human's equipment was quite decent as well. It was apparent from the conversation of the duo that the Human was a subordinate of the Undead Rogue.

"What the heck were you doing? How could you lose her like that?" The Undead Rogue frowned. His voice was fairly calm, but one could tell that he was reprimanding the Human Rogue.

The Human Rogue shrugged, "Boss Ghost Cat, she is Eastern Continent's top-tiered player......"

Ghost Cat waved his hand dismissively, cutting the Human Rogue off before taking in a deep breath. He knew that the Human Rogue was not the one to be blamed. The Human Rogue was right; their target was the top player of the Eastern Continent and a renowned solo player. A player like her would have an in-depth knowledge of shaking off potential pursuers. Even though Ghost Cat and his Human subordinate were some of the best trackers in their guild, there was still a chance that they might be discovered by Gongzi You.

He lowered his head, appearing to be deep in thought, "Cabin In The Woods, head back to the guild first. Get the Rogue squadron to send 20 more men over. We must locate Gongzi You."