How it all started

Hunter's POV

Belos wants to gather everyone for a ball, yeah, a royal ball. He hasn't told me why, but I'm assuming it's some kind of plot to attract criminals for him to capture or perhaps a popularity booster since he's not exactly the most well-liked by the citizens.

Whatever reason, pretty much everyone on the Boiling isles will be there. He's encouraging me to go as myself and not the golden guard. I don't mind. That armor isn't exactly comfortable. He's also telling me to be friendly, which means no sneaking away from the party. The only issue now is that I can't wear my armor, so I have to find a suit. Belos said he would find one but I told him I would be able to find my own since it was pretty obvious all the planning was putting strain on him. Even though I was only in the room with him for a little while, it was easy to tell the stress had been causing his curse to get worse. Anyway, back to the matter at hand: I have to find a suit, which means going into town. I figured going out as myself rather than the golden guard would help me prepare.

Your POV

Belos had decided to have a ball for some odd reason. I'm assuming it's because he's trying to seem less uptight and restricting since whispers of revolt have been stirring. Some popularity scheme for his benefit. I'm going anyway, everyone is. Pentstagram has been blowing up with pictures of dresses, suits, dates, hair appointments, and everything in between.

I'm heading out to get my dress today. I know it's a bit late but I just hadn't gotten around to it 'till now. Rumor has it the Golden Guard would be there dateless. There have been quite a few fans in my class trying to court him. To no avail though, because he's still dateless. Just like anyone else, I do find him attractive. I'm just not delusional enough to think he's going to fall for me over any other fan girl. If I were to meet him at the ball and he was to fall for me then, well that's a different story. But enough of this, I still have to get a dress and shoes and get my hair done.

Hunter POV

What do people wear to go shopping? I don't really go out much as myself, can't risk blowing my cover. Finally, I get to pick some clothes out of my closet instead of throwing on the usual armor. I haven't had to do this in a while. All eyes are on me here, everyone knows I'll be at the dance, everyone knows I don't have a date and everyone cares what I wear, do and say. I dig some shirts out of my drawer. A white T-shirt with stripes, hm.. not today. A black T-shirt with a vine pattern on it, a little too casual for today. Finally, I settle on a plain black shirt. I throw on some jeans and a khaki-colored jacket that reaches just below my waist. I put on a belt and some boots. Ready to go!

Your POV

Time to head into town to get the dress. I ended up inviting Emira to come with me. She's good company and has a remarkable eye when it comes to fashion. Gotta get dressed first though. I put on some jeans and hold up three T-Shirts. A Hexside tee, a Hexside Grudgby tee, and a plants track Tee. Eventually, I decide on the plants track tee. I put on a pair of short socks and my boots. I drop my necklace over my head, a thin chain with a sun charm. I put on some earrings with little mushrooms. I quickly brush my hair and brush makeup on my face. Knowing Emira, we'll be taking lots of pictures. Emira has a decent amount of Penstagram followers so kids at school would see me. I popped on some chapstick and left to go meet Emira at her house.