Edric.. can't backflip

Your POV
I ran my hands through Hunter's hair as his hands moved down to my waist, pushing me into his chest. We pulled apart, breathing a little heavier, "Your hair- looks really nice." I heaved. "Thanks." He smirked. Edric came up next to us, "Hey." "Hey, Ed." I replied. "Everyone is trying to do backflips, if you guys wanna come to see."

Hunter POV
"Sure!" Y/N exclaimed. "..Yeah." I said mustering up my most excited voice, despite the fact I was pretty disappointed with having to end our moment there. We waded through the water, following after Edric. We reached the dock where everyone was flipping just in time to watch Luz ,the human do a face plant into the water while A.. Am.. Amity, watched with a hand planted over her mouth, obviously stifling back laughs.

Luz popped out of the water, clearly embarrassed while Amity tried to stop laughing. Just then Barcus flew over the water, tail wagging, head held back as he dove into the water. "Wow." Y/N added. "Wow." Edric and I agreed.

Your POV
"Hunter, go show off." I said flicking him in the shoulder jokingly. He grinned at me, running up onto the dock. When he got up and was about to jump I blew him a kiss. He turned red without saying anything until he flipped off the dock. He swam up to my side, "You didn't return the kiss." I pouted.

Suddenly he pressed a quick kiss to my lips, "Better?" He smirked. I nodded, still in a state of shock. I'm dating, the most pined over guy on the boiling aisle, and he's sweet.. nice... super handsome.. a good dancer and an even better swimmer. He's practically perfect.

Hunter POV
I pulled her to my side, smiling to myself. I saw Edric walking up on the dock, "Do a flip!" I shouted. He looked at me before nodding, he dove off the dock, failing to flip and smacking his back onto the water. "Damn." I muttered. He emerged from the water facing away from us showing his bright pink back. "Shit." Y/N added.

He limped over to us. "You make it look easy." He winced. "You alright?" I asked him. "Fine, I'm- I'm gonna go get another soda." "Have fun." Y/N chimed in. "Will do."

Your POV
"Not that I'm not having fun but.. I thought we were going canoeing?" Hunter asked while squinting. "Ah, that's just how these things always go. Everyone messes around for hours then we do whatever the plan was." I shrugged. "Hm." Hunter thought.

Hunter POV
"Let's go get a soda." I suggested. "Sure." We both got sodas out of a cooler before I spotted a log hanging over a small part of the lake, like a bridge. "Let's sit there?" I asked. "Yeah."

Y/N sat down first as I scooted up next to her, putting a hand on her leg as I did. I popped the tab of my soda, "This is nice." I sighed. "It is."

Your POV
I admired the way his bangs curled gently at the end as he took a sip of his soda. I put an arm on his shoulder, causing him to turn towards me suprised. I laid on his shoulder, adjusting until I was comfortable. He relaxed into my touch, laying his head a top of mine. "I love you Hunter." "I love you too Y/N."

I reached for his hand, locking his fingers with mine. I rubbed my thumb against his index finger and the back of his hand, feeling every scar, bump and scratch.

Hunter POV
Y/N fiddled with the top of her soda can as I watched confusedly. "What are you doing?" I pondered. "Just wait." She said, her attention obviously still on the soda can. "Okay." I shrugged. "Aha!" She placed a soda tab onto my palm, "..Thanks." "Look at it." "It's, a soda tab." "It means you owe me a kiss." "Could've just asked." I laughed. "I was trying to be cute." Y/N groaned. "No need to try."

I leaned in closer, noticing the way her eyes watched me. I moved away from her kiss, planting a kiss onto her cheek instead. She pouted before I leaned in again, before dodging placing a kiss onto her forehead. She took a deep breath, rolling her eyes playfully. I got inches away from her face, intending on pulling back to kiss her nose but she put her hands on the back of my neck, pulling me into her embrace.

I closed my eyes focusing on the taste of cherry-vanilla on her lips. Wow, she was, wow. After a few moments we separated. I watched her, admiring her as she took another sip of her soda.