Late night talks

Your POV
I woke up and glanced out the window, still dark, it's gotta be pretty early then. Still night time. I checked my scroll to see it was around three. I was laying on top of Hunter when I shook his hand gently trying to wake him up, "wake up." I groaned until he finally got up. "hm? what?" "I'm awake, your awake now. Let's hang out, alone."

Hunter POV
"Hm?" I yawned. "Remember the ball?" "mhmm." "On the balcony?" "Of course." "I have a balcony." She teased. "If you say so." I smiled. Y/N slipped out from Emira's arm around her stomach and stood at the foot of the bed waiting for me. "Come on." She whispered with a big grin. "I'm coming."

I slid off the side of the bed, catching myself onto my feet before glancing back at her to make sure she was still there. She gave me a smile before gesturing to come there. I stepped over something laying on the floor carefully, I heard mumbling from the bed. I turned to see they were both still sleeping. Sleep talking I guess. As I got to the foot of the bed Y/N reached for my hand, pulling me closer.

Your POV
I pulled Hunter to my side before we slipped out into the hallway. I noticed how quiet his footsteps were, stealth training does that to you I guess. We slipped down the hallway down to the stair, I gestured to him to hop the first step with a crooked smile. He nodded before following after me. We stood on the turn of the steps for a moment laughing quietly with a hand over our mouths. I pushed on the window, trying to get it up before Hunter leaned over me opening it easily.

I turned to look at him and he looked at me with a goofy grin. I pulled my leg over the window frame before kicking the other leg over falling onto the balcony with a thud. I looked up to see Hunter looking down at me, "You're okay?" He laughed. "I'm good." I groaned. He pulled himself through the window and landed onto his feet much more gracefully than I had.

Hunter POV
I glanced over the edge of the balcony looking over the side yard, the house was surrounded by trees with about twenty or thirty feet of yard before them. I felt the breeze run through my bangs as I swept them off of my face. Y/N pulled herself up off the ground before standing next to me, "Could you close the window?" "Mhm." I said while pulling the window down. "It's nice out here." I hummed. "Even better with you." "Mm."

Your POV
"Do you get gifts at the castle, ever?" I asked. "Why do you ask?" "I like getting people gifts." I shrugged. "Sometimes, Emperor Belos usually forgot my birthday but sometimes I would get a book or.. a cloak." "What kind of books?" "I learned each track in order, starting with potions working down to illusions."

"Why'd you start with potions?" "Most important to Emperor Belos." He sighed. "And illusions is the.. opposite?" "It's hardly real magic." "Edric, and Emira are illusionists." "I'm- I'm so sorry. You know what I mean though?" "No, I don't." "It's just, they're making things that aren't real." "Hunter.." I warned.

"I get that Belos was shitty, but that doesn't give you the right to act the same." I stated. "I'm sorry." He sniffled quietly. "It's okay. Just, please don't say that again?" "I won't." "Thank you." We sat in silence for a few moments before Hunter spoke up, "What kind of gifts have you gotten?" He asked.

Hunter POV
"A lot of candles for some reason?" She chuckled. "Candles?" "I think that's their way of saying I, or maybe my room smells bad?" She joked. "Your room smells very nice." "Glad you think so."

Your POV
"Are you scared of anything?" I pondered. "Are you?" "Yeah, you go first though." "Hmm not a fan of disappointing people." He said looking off the balcony. "Not sure anyone likes it." I shrugged. "Emperor Belos makes it especially.. tough." "That makes sense:"

Hunter POV
"I'm not such a big fan of sea monsters." She added. "Sea monsters? Must've been a fun day then today." I joked. "Wasn't too bad." She smiled at me. "Sneak out here much?" I asked her. "Only when I'm crying usually." She joked. "This is special then."

Your POV
He leaned towards me and I leaned to him. His lips pressed against mine, tasting like brown sugar and honey. He placed a hand on my hip and an arm around my shoulder hugging me close. I heard fireflies and crickets chirp around us, music to accompany our moment. I pulled away taking a deep breath of fresh air, "Very special." I said feeling my heart pound in my chest. "Definitely." She smirked.

Hunter POV
Her lips tasted like sweet vanilla bean, she smelled like fresh strawberries as we became entangled in each other. She ran her hands through my hair as we connected again. Her lips were soft against mine. The wind nipped at my ears as she messed with my hair.