Swim fast, win the race

Your POV
We all gathered by the start while Emira explained the rules. "Rule number one, be fair. No hitting, kicking, sabotage, etc. Rule number two is the stroke is freestyle, all rules apply. Rule number three is, flip turns are not optional." Hunter nodded and raised a nervous thumbs up. His hair fell onto his forehead in the messy, unintentional way that Belos would've hated but, titan, did it make him look good.

The water gleamed off his biceps, he stretched his arms above his head flexing his toned shoulder blades. His hair had begun to dry doing that perfect thing, wet enough to be messy but dry enough to not stick to his skin. I was glad to see the boys getting along.

Hunter POV
The pure confidence that radiated off of Edric, made me slightly nervous but also made me even more excited to beat him. "You swim much?" I mused. "I'm more of a diver." He admitted. This should be easy then. "You?" He asked. "Ah, used to. Belos made me for a while, once he decided I was good enough he finally let me quit." I didn't mention that being "good enough" to Belos meant that I had won tournaments.

"Let's get started then?" Emira asked. Edric and I agreed wandering to the edge of the lake where the race would start. Y/N followed us, I wasn't sure why though. Emira stood at the edge at the other side glancing at us. Y/N, Edric and I stood at the edge, not getting into position yet. "Hey Hunter?" Y/N pondered. "Hm?" I questioned turning to look at her before being cut off.

She stood onto her tip toes pressing a kiss onto my lips before saying with a smirk, "Good luck. I'm gonna go join Em on the other side." I felt myself grown embarrassed. She walked around despite the fact she could've used a portal. When she finally reached where Emira was standing she began talking with Emira and they both started to giggle before Y/N turned to face me and smiled at me.

Your POV
"Are you ready?" Emira called out. They both shot back thumbs up and grins. "Three." They both wrapped their hands around the edge of the shore putting a foot about behind them. A serious expression appeared on both of their faces. "Two." They leaned forward slightly. "One" They started to lift their arms into a dive, carefully holding their balance.

Hunter POV
"Go!" I dove into the water being careful not to go to deep, I skimmed across the top of the water kicking hard before dropping my streamline. I pulled one arm after another, slowly feeling the loss of air. I had gotten about a fourth of the way across the lake which was about two times as large as the pool at the castle. I pulled faster feeling the adrenaline rush through me, quickly I tilted my head for a shallow breath before continuing.

I could hear Y/N's cheers from across the lake but I couldn't get flustered, I ignored the pulling on my heart trying to put that energy towards my legs. I began pulling even faster, just get to the wall then I can stop. After a few long, breathless seconds I saw the shore ahead. I twisted my arm to the side feeling my finger hit the shore before grabbing at the sand like I was falling.

I came up for air breathless and tired. I felt my entire body ache and I gasped for air. I couldn't even check if I had won, my senses had practically left me. I couldn't focus on hearing and I was staring at the sand beneath me as I held my chest catching my breath. I finally calmed down enough to look up at Y/N and Emira. They had shocked expressions, "Did-" I huffed for air. "Did I win?" They nodded.

Your POV
"Edric's not even here yet. That's gotta be a record. Titan, Hunter you're amazing!" I said looking him right in the eye. Edric hit the shore seconds later, he looked up disappointedlly, "What the hell?" "He beat you." Emira teased.

Hunter POV
Y/N reached out for my hand to pull me out but instead I pulled her into my arms. "You look really pretty." I purred. "You're just saying that." She responded. "Am not." I said leaning in and hugging her tighter.