Borrowed clothes

Your POV
"Hunter.." I whispered to him. "yeah?" he asked confused as to why we weren't already walking. I gestured to the bra and shorts, they had been fine in there since hardly anyone was around but the rumors that would start popping up if the gold guard had been seen with a girl in short shorts and a bra would be ruthless. "oh." he muttered under his breath. "I can lend you some clothes from my room." he suggested. "thanks." I said quietly.

Hunter POV
I handed her my blazer so she didn't have to be quite so exposed and she pulled it on carefully as to not get the fabric caught on the burn. "Could I carry you again?" I asked avoiding her eye. "I'd like that." She grinned. "what about the crutches though?" she asked. I levitated them so they followed us and she laughed a little as she saw it. "That works for me." She smiled. I was careful to avoid the burns while lifting her, she fit nicely in my arms. I walked down the hallway making sure to balance my steps while walking past the door we had heard Kikimora and Belos in earlier but I didn't hear anything from inside this time. I prodded at the door to see if anyone was inside to be met with Kikimora's voice from behind me "Ah, Golden Guard and.. girlfriend. Nosey today, aren't we? Oh my, and what activities were you two participating in to have your girlfriend dressed like that? Emperor Belos will be delighted to hear about what you two were doing, don't you think?" She sneered.

Your POV
I looked over Hunter's shoulder to see someone any in the boiling aisles would be brought distress by, apparently that including hunter by the deep sigh he took before saying a word. "Greetings Kikimora." He grumbled. "Politer or else I'll tell Emperor Belos." She replied. "Greetings Kikimora." He stood taller. "Much better." She laughed evilly. "Now care to tell me what you two were doing while this girl is practically in her underwear?" Kikimora asked. "I had to-" I started to say. "I'd rather hear from the Golden Guard than you." She said as if I was below her. I put my head down in shame without another word. "She was injured by the fire bees, that continue to haunt the trail to the castle so I took her to the nurse for her burns. She changed into this for Nurse Ami to tend to her burns and she couldn't walk well so I'm carrying her." He replied with a dull tone.

Hunter POV
"You may go but I'm watching you both very carefully, know that." She warned. "Yes Ma'am." We agreed before continuing down the hall. Once we were out of sight I stuck out my tongue in Kiki's direction and Y/N laughed. On a usual day I would've put up a fight with Kiki but there was no point in making Y/N sit through that today. I hurried towards my room, as I reached the door I heard foot steps near the end of the hall quickly pushing in and shutting the door as to not be seen. I sat Y/N down on the bed before opening my closet door. Y/N looked across the room at the closet where I was standing. "I'll flip through and you tell me if you see any clothes you like, okay?" I asked. "Got it." She answered with a thumbs up.

Your POV
He began to flip through the hung up clothes, a pair of black basketball shorts, a red sweater, a tan blazer, green cargo pants until finally something that looked nice. A gray Hexside sweater. "That, that sweater." I exclaimed. He picked it up and tossed it to the side of the bed next to me before continuing pushing the clothes aside. A yellow t-shirt, a pair of swim trunks, a green tank top and then again something I liked, a pair of black sweats. "The sweats please." I asked. "You got it." He replied tossing it next to me again. "I'll wait in the bathroom for you to change." he winked. "Alright." I replied. I pulled the sweater over the bra and tugged the shorts off dropping them onto the floor before pulling the sweats up gently avoid the burns. "You can come out now." I called out to him. He hurried into the room helping me off the bed and onto the crutches.

Hunter POV
I put an arm over her shoulder allowing her to lean on me while she limped towards the entrance of the Castle. As much as I wanted to carry her instead of having to listen to her squeak in pain she's supposed to get used to the crutches and stretch her legs so it was better this way. Still listening to her in pain was difficult, the little whelps she made felt like they were tearing through my skin like sharp knives.

Your POV
I managed to stumble through the castle over to the entrance, Hunter carried my dress in his arm while holding me up a little with his other arm. "You're sure that you're okay Y/N?" He asked. "I'm fine!" I laughed. He pushed the door open and I sat on the steps out front for a moment. "I just need a second." I groaned. "You should call the Blights' so they know you're okay." He said calmly. "You're right." I replied pulling out my scroll, I called Edric and Emira and they picked up quickly. I was faced with both of them still with face masks on but this time Ed was yawning as they picked up. "Y/N!!" They exclaimed at once. "Are you okay? We're so worried about you!" Em looked really worried. "I'm fine! I got some medicine for the burns and I'm free to go pretty much."

Hunter POV
I sat down next to her laying my back onto the railing of the steps watching her talk to the Blights. She reassured them that she would be there soon. "The Golden Guard's dropping me off so I'm sure I'll be safe." She laughed while looking back to me. I smiled back to her. "Well, we should start heading over now." She smiled. "I'll see you guys soon, can't wait for you to meet the Golden guard!" She turned the camera to me and I waved at the over enthusiastic twins before she hung up. I put the staff down, "Let's go." I winked as I sat on the staff. She sat down behind me wrapping her arms around my chest to steady herself on the staff.

Your POV
We took off into the air and I felt the tug of the wind threatening to pull me off the staff so I held Hunter closer, tightening my grip around his chest. "The stars are pretty tonight." I smiled into his back. "Yeah, they really are." He agreed.