Talk to me please

Your POV
I really wanted to explain myself but I didn't want to trigger him again. "Hey Y/N..?" Hunter asked. "Yeah?" I asked a little bit too eagerly, perhaps a little bit.. ecstatic he was talking again. The sound of his voice, the perfect melody to my ears.

"That was really embarrassing, huh?" "..what?" I was confused. "I mean, like that was so.. uncool. I should've just been tougher." "..Hunter." "Hm?" "You're allowed to feel emotions, in fact, you're supposed to." I almost laughed, it felt like such a normal thing, not something to be taught, but I contained myself from laughing, knowing it'd just hurt him more.

Hunter POV
"I.. I didn't meant to scare you." I sighed. "It's not your fault." Y/N said, scarily matter of a factly. "Well, let's go join them then?" I nodded in response.

Emira POV
"Should we check on them?" Ed asked. "What good can we do?" Viney groaned. "Other than interrupt their time to talk, and maybe mess them up further." I said feeling my heart race, imaging Y/N's crying face as Hunter left. "They probably just need some time to talk." I announced.

"Hey guys!" Y/N called out but their normal enthusiasm wasn't there. I tried to get a read on the situation, Hunter was there, he hadn't ditched. He didn't seem very guilty as if he had just dumped her. She didn't seem terribly upset. They weren't too far but they weren't wrapped around each other like usual.

Your POV
"Y/N!" Emira exclaimed as she pulled me into a hug. "What happened? Are you okay? Did you guys break up?" She whispered in my ear quickly. "I'm fine." I said as fast as I could trying to not be suspicious. After Hunter's reaction, I don't think he'd really want to tell everyone about his panic attack.

As much as it burned, hearing her ask if we'd broken up, as if it was that plausible, I really appreciate having Emira in my life. She's a really good friend, most people wouldn't go to that much effort to check on you.

Hunter POV
I took a seat on a log and Y/N, thankfully, sat on the floor next to the log. I saw Emira raise an eyebrow at Y/N as they sat down but she didn't say a word. It's not that I was mad with Y/N, I just needed space. I couldn't deal with my heart doing that thing it does when Y/N's skin touches mine or the way my throat closes up when they're close.

"S'mores?" Edric offered up. "Yes please." Y/N sighed. They sounded sort of... exhausted.