Hold me tight

Hunter POV
She looked at me, she had said yes but she still looked a little.. shocked. She was looking at me and I was looking at her, neither of us said a word. I was a little worried, had I done the wrong thing? Suddenly I saw a painfully familiar face, the girl with the purple dress who came running at (Y/N) with an angry look, she put her arms out and started to jump.

Quickly I realized what was happening and grabbed (Y/N), hugging them close and picking them up while swiftly dodging the girl. (Y/N looked like she was experiencing a lot of emotions at once, shock, embarrassment, surprise but she looked a little bit relieved I had saved her from the girl. The girl laid on the ground for a moment looking up at me before jumping up and going to tackle me. I quickly used my staff for the magic to jump over her before spinning around. I pointed my staff at her and used a spell to float her into the arm, with (Y/N) still in one arm. She was holding onto my shoulder tightly but overall seemed pretty calm like she was confident in my ability to handle the conversation.

Your POV
I clung to his shoulder, I definitely knew he could handle the girl after earlier with that guy who he returned to a Castle Guard but I wasn't sure if I wanted to take a chance of him not being able to carry me in one arm and dropping me while in the middle of this action.

I couldn't see what was going on since I was facing behind him, suddenly I saw a guy with a dark purple tie. Shit, that's probably the crazy girl's boyfriend. He looked at me with an evil looking grin, knowing with my arms focused on keeping me up there was pretty much nothing I could do except this "Behind you, watch out!" I said while tightening my grip on his shoulder. "Got it, (Y/N)." He said confidently. The girl was still in the air clawing at us in an attempt to escape but she was stuck.

Hunter POV
The guy didn't seem to even notice me, but he was going right after (Y/N). He was smarter than the girl, he cast a spell circle of vines attempting to wrap around my feet but I swiftly moved left to avoid them. Then he attempted to grab (Y/N) which is when I lost it and swung my fist at his nose. That's when I knew I had messed up, blood started to trickle down his face from his nose. "Damn it." I mumbled. "Guard! Guard please!" I yelled trying to stay calm.

A guard rushed over and saw the guy with a bloody face, wobbling, obviously trying not to fall over. "Who did this?" He said sternly. "He attacked me, S-" I had started to say Sir as usually it would be Belos asking these questions before remembering I was his superior officer. "Please allow me to handle it next time, Sir." He replied before dragging the purple duo off. "Uhh, Goldy?" (Y/N) asked. "Yeah?" I replied. "You gonna let go?" She laughed a little. "Do you want me to?" I smirked. "Hm, good point." She replied but I could feel the heat of her cheeks against my shoulder as she buried herself into it.

Your POV
I looked up to see Odalia, staring daggers through me. Suddenly she saw me looking at her and came storming over, "You dare steal my beautiful daughters chance with the man of her dreams?" She screamed. Suddenly the people dancing around us stopped to look at her. Emira walked over dragging Ed and looking furious with her mom. "He's not the man of my dreams, I don't like him! You just want me to get close with the Emperor. Leave, (Y/N alone, now." She said while standing between Odalia and me. The golden guard set me down lightly and we both were watching what was unfolding. The golden guard had a hand on my back as if he thought if he wasn't touching me someone would swoop up and take me. "Emira, you have no idea what you're talking about!" Odalia rebutted. "No, mother, you have no idea what you're talking about." Emira shouted before quickly forming a spell circle, she cast it and suddenly Odalia was gone. I walked towards Em, "She's not.. like dead? Right?" I asked nervously. "Y/N, we've been best friends for ages and you really thought I would do that. No, she's back with dad." She laughed.

Hunter POV
I stood in a little bit of a shocked state. "You're the best Em." (Y/N) smiled. "Alright, I was kind of in the middle of a dance when I had to step in, I'm gonna go now. Tell me all about it later!" The oldest Blight said while running off, the Blight boy smiled at (Y/N) and followed after her. "Well, (Y/N) where were we?" I asked. "You were just about to ask me for another dance." She smiled. "Oh right of course. (Y/N) could I have another dance?" I smirked. "I though you would never ask." She winked. I reached for her hand and put a hand on her hip. "Where'd you learn to dance?" She asked curiously. "I've been going to lessons for a while, preparing for when I'd meet you I guess." I replied flirtatiously. She looked exactly how I wanted, flustered. We swayed gently, suddenly I spun her and pulled her in close. We were eye to eye, "I asked to kiss you, you said yes, I kissed you. What does that mean?" I asked. "Ask me out." She stated fondly. "(Y/N), will you go out with me?" I asked. "Hmm." She replied. "Hmm?" I whined. "Obviously I will." she said making my heart erupt into fireworks.