You tried to drown my best friend!

Your POV
She pinned me to the sand at the bottom of the lake, just five feet or six under the water but no one noticed. I reached out to scratch at her hand but she kicked me in the back. I felt my body giving up but suddenly I gained the upper hand, shoving her away from me. I managed to get an arm out of the water before she pulled me back down, holding my arms down to my sides.

Hunter POV
I watched the spot where Y/N had been when I saw.. an arm fly out of the water before being yanked back down, and if I wasn't mistaken.. I saw a familiar looking scar from some fire bees. "Hunter!" Someone called out from behind me on the shore but that didn't matter, I dove into the water flying towards where the arm had been. "Hunter! You won, come here!" I propelled myself closer.

I looked forward and saw a tumbleweed on limbs, and a bright red flash. The girl, who's boyfriend's after me. I pulled even harder to get there, I got closer to see I had been right. One of the people fighting had scars covering their legs. I grabbed Y/N trying to pull her away before being punched in the stomach harshly. I felt myself back down before remembering why I was fighting so hard, Y/N.

Your POV
I watched Hunter move back feeling myself start to pass out, I needed air and quick. Hunter grabbed her shoulder pulling her off me and I flew out of the water, gasping for air before she yanked me back by the ankle. I kicked her in the neck before she dug her nails into my thigh.

I felt her nail dig into one of the scars, wincing, falling to the sand. Suddenly, there was nothing, no new attacks or splashing. I looked up to Hunter restraining the girl who was batting at his neck.

Hunter POV
I reached for Y/N's hand pulling her to the surface, "I'm gonna kill her." Y/N announced. We joined the rest of the competitors, "Hunter! Why'd you run off?" Someone I didn't recognize asked enthusiastically. "Ah, it's no big deal." I shrugged. "Well, here's your cash!" Viney added. "One second." I groaned, reaching for a random towel, I was too tired to look for one. The girl with the red bikini slumped on the ground next to us with a spell to keep her from running off.

"Could you get Emira?" I asked Viney. "Sure, one second guys!" She called out running off. "Are you okay Y/N?" I questioned. "Not really." She laughed. "I'm sorry, I wasn't there." I sighed. "I signed you up for the race, how could I blame you?" "Thanks."

Your POV
"Hey guys, what's u-" Emira said before glancing between us and the girl on the floor. "Hm?" She asked. Hunter leaned in and whispered in her ear until Emira's face turned to a frown, her eyebrows tilted. "..What?" Emira mumbled. "Mhm." Hunter replied. Immediately Emira lunged at her, sitting on the floor in front of her, "You little shit." She grumbled.

Hunter POV
"You tried to freaking drown my best friend." She said, half to the girl and half to herself. "Edric!" She yelled. After a few moments he appeared, inspecting Emira's face then looking to the girl. "You again..?" He said starting the girl down.

Your POV
"She tried to drown Y/N." Emira informed him. He reached out, placing a hand around her chin, "I thought, you learned not to mess with Y/N anymore." She didn't reply, not a word. Then, her little boyfriend stumbled over holding his wrist in his hand.

Hunter POV
My eyes immediately jumped to the way he was holding his hand, he was the one who had grabbed my ankle. "I said, I'd win." I said cockily. All of a sudden he winded up for a punch, "shit." I groaned, moving back.