Packing

Your POV
We all met up at the front of the store to pay, Emira made me close my eyes as she paid for her stuff before she went to lean against the store window while Hunter and I paid. "Where to now?" Ed asked. Emira and I looked at each other, "hmm, head to my place so H- the golden guard can start getting settled in?" I suggested. "That works." Em added. "Wait, we've got to head to your place first to grab my stuff and maybe some snacks." I realized. "Then let's head out." Edric grinned. "I call flying!" Ed announced. Emira roller her eyes but accepted it.

Hunter POV
We walked in silence down the path towards the woods, where everyone swung a leg over one staff. I awkwardly held the blight girl's shoulders as Y/N wrapped her arms around my chest the same way she had when I brought her home last night. I felt her flinch as a scar on her arm got caught on the fabric of my jacket. We arrived in their front yard quickly and the boy held the door open as we all stepped inside. "So Mr. Golden guard? We still don't know your name, can you tell us?" The blight girl asks. "Emira.." Y/N whispered quietly while analyzing my face. The perfect chance to rebel. "Hunter, nice to meet you." I smiled. "Emira." She said with a huge grin. "Edric." The boy added. Y/N looked amazed as I said it.

Your POV
"I'm gonna go grab my stuff, you guys feel free to talk." I said while running up the stairs. I grabbed my bag with my pajamas from last night and all my other stuff as well as levitating the pile of snacks down stairs.

Hunter POV
"If you even dare hurt her.." Emira said while giving me a threatening look. I put my hands up taking a step back, "Wasn't planning on it, believe me." I laughed. I think I'm getting a hang of joking with friends. She seems satisfied with that answer and goes into another room to grab something leaving Edric and I alone. I expected him to do something similar to what Emira had but instead neither of us said a word until Emira and Y/N came back into the room.

Your POV
"Alright, I've got everything." I grinned. "Snack pile!" Ed called out excitedly. "Got it." I winked. "Hey Hunter, want a hair cut?" Emira smiled. "She did mine." I backed her up. "Maybe not today.." He droned off. She dropped the topic running upstairs to grab clothes, "Ed get clothes!" She shouted before he hurried upstairs as well.

Hunter POV
"Your friends are cool." I said tilting my weight from one foot to the other. "You think so?" She joked. I glanced back at the stairs to see if they were heading down yet, nothing. Leaving Y/N and I in an awkward silence.

Your POV
Emira came down the stairs with Edric following close behind. "You guys ready?" I asked. "Ready!" Ed responded while Ed nodded. "I'll fly." Hunter stated. "If you say so." Em joked. He looked embarrassed, I don't think he's quite used to the twins' teasing yet. Emira and Ed quickly grabbed the last few things before we stepped onto the porch. "Bye Luz, Bye Amity!" I called out as we left. "There's snacks on the table Mittens!" Ed added. We stood on the porch, "Wow, the sky is pretty right now." I admired. Everyone mumbled agreements before Edric ran out into the grassy lawn.

Hunter POV
I swung my staff off the strap around my shoulder where I kept it leaving it floating in the air. I quickly straddled the staff waiting for everyone else to join me. Y/N sat behind me laying her arms around my shoulders and resting her head on my shoulder. Emira piled on behind her and Ed jumped on last. I took off before jerking to the right unintentionally, why had that happened?

I had never had issues flying before.. suddenly the answer hit me as I felt my body tense up as Y/N released a breath onto the skin of my collar bone. I tried to concentrate on flying but my mind kept returning to Y/N. Finally I managed to fly and day dream and then I realized.. "Y/N..?" I asked. "Yeah?" She replied sleepily despite the fact it was only around 2:00pm "Where do you live?" I asked flustered. She leaned more into my shoulder causing my stomach to lurch, "I'll guide you. Just keep going straight." She said softly.

Your POV
"Now turn right here." I informed him feeling the warmth of him beneath me. I don't live too far from the Blights which is part of what made us such great friends. We moved to the right in the sky towards a forest. Suddenly I saw the house, "Stop here!" I raised my voice slightly. He dove towards the ground swiftly, so close I thought I would hit my feet but he managed to stop mere inches between us and the ground.

We all hopped off as I walked up the stairs to the porch. "How about you guys stay out here? Until I can settle things with my parents?" I pleaded. "Gotcha." Em winked. Ed and Hunter just smiled. I stepped through the door to immediately hear, "where, have you been?" A sharp voice cut through me.

I looked to see my (Mom/Dad/Guardian) sitting in a sofa chair with one leg over the other. "I was at the Blights after the ball then we went into Town." I stuttered over my words feeling the fear build inside me. "And you never thought to text me?" They snarled. "I'm sorry." I felt a tear threaten to appear before blinking it away. "I'm just glad your home." They sighed. "Text me next time. Please." "I will." I replied.

Hunter POV
"So.. Hunter, you're gonna treat Y/N nice, right?" En said with an intimidating step closer to me. "Of course, I mean she's great." I said a little too quickly. Now it was Ed's turn to intimidate me, he moved a little closer looking me directly in the eye. "Great?" He mocked. "Great? Just great? You don't love her? She's not the best? Just great?" He looked really upset. "No, no of course! I do l- love her. It's just hard to say.." I say with a groan. "What you're ashamed?" Ed looks pissed. "Not at all, I've never dated anyone before though. I've never even said I love you to a family member." I shrug. "oh." Ed said backing up, pushing himself into the railing of the porch.