Edric Vs Hunter swimming meet

Your POV
We all stood by the rope swing, Ed who had originally called going first moved to the back of the line. Probably still worried about Nessie who was laying dead in the woods somewhere. A gruesome thought. Emira was now in front, her hair was in a long ponytail down her back. She grabbed onto the rope kicking off, the ponytail swung through the air with her.

Hunter POV
I watched as she hit the water, she then popped back up with her hair slicked back and a smile plastered onto her face. "I'm next!" Y/N announced, she was so cute. I wished I could just fight this argument and make her not mad at me anymore or magic it away but I had to work through it with her, even if it was hard.

I watched as she swung out on the swing before diving into the water, she came back up to the surface with wet hair and a grin. The way she smiled killed me inside knowing she was mad at me. When I thought I was doing the good boyfriend thing, the chivalrous thing.

I jumped onto the rope before flipping into the water, "Show off." Edric laughed.

Your POV
I didn't want to be mad at Hunter but I also wanted him to understand, I couldn't bare being close to him while knowing I was upset with him. Touching him felt fake. Edric grabbed the rope but before he could jump he fell into the lake while squirming. He hit the water with a huge splash, luckily his squirming had knocked the rope out so he didn't fall into the shallow water but he was still pretty messy from the unexpected view.

Hunter POV
Edric began to splash Emira before she started to splash him back suddenly I noticed she was still splashing but he... wasn't there anymore. Until she screamed, "somethings touching my ankle!" Then she went under the water thrashing. Suddenly they both came back up, Edric was laughing but Emira looked pissed.

"Y/NNNN." I smiled. "Mm?" "You look so cute." "I'm upset with you right now." She pouted. "Ah, but how can I fix that?" "Giving me time and trying to understand what I told you." Well that was no fun, time, she wanted time on her own. Without me. That stung a little, I got it, but it hurt.

Your POV
"Are you mad at me?" I asked nervously. "I'm not." He grinned. I wanted to forgive him for everything and collapse into his arms, I was so, damn tired. "Do you understand why I don't want you to rush into danger?" I asked him. "I get it, as much as I want to keep you safe, I'm being too risky and you don't want me to get hurt." He recited.

I allowed myself to fall into his arms wrapping my own around him, "Being mad at you is so hard." I groaned. "You bring mad at me is hard for me to." He sighed. "We still have to talk about this later." She added. "Mhm." I was just glad she wasn't avoiding me anymore. 

Hunter POV
"Hey Ed..ric?" I asked losing the confidence for a nickname halfway through. "You can call me Ed." He reassured. "Hey Ed?" "Hm?" "Up for a race?" I smirked. "You bet I am." "From that side." I said pointing to an edge of the lake that went straight into a deep part of the lake, perfect for diving, "To the rope swing over there." I finished pointing to the opposite side of the lake. "You're on!" He exclaimed.

Edric POV
"Beat you to the start!" I called out before ducking underwater, I quickly began a simple free style. Pulling the water to my sides, kicking my legs until I reached the wall. I was confident I had beat Hunter until I turned to see him already standing there. "Ready?" He asked cockily. "Yeah." I said trying not to lost confidence. "Let's make it interesting." I added. "How?" "A bet." "Bet what?" "How about five dollars?" I shrugged.

Hunter POV
I could use the cash and I was going to win. "That works for me." I grinned. I stretched my arms above my head, roller my ankles then stretched my legs out in front of me.

Edric POV
"You're going down." He whispered with a painfully emotionless face. I saw Y/N with Emira leaning against the shore of the lake. "That's what you think." I tried to sound as confident as he did but I felt my expressions shift to an uneasy half of a smile. "Sure." He said so un afraid it made my stomach churn.

Hunter POV
I had been in the top of the swimming classes at the castle, otherwise Belos would've made me stay in them. Golden, means perfect. The shiny favorite, that was me. but it didn't come for free. Believe me, Belos was not relaxed about training and studying. Me being "Golden" was very important to him and he did not like to be let down.

Your POV
I watched as the two guys stretched out, admiring Hunter's muscular figure. He had a thin stomach with slightly indented abs. He was hot.

Hunter POV
I glanced over to see Y/N gazing over at me, that added to the urge to not just win but to destroy him at swimming. "Can one of you to ref for us?" Edric called to the girls. Emira pushed off the wall coming to us, "I will!" She said excitedly.