Boundaries

Your POV
"So, a fist fight, really?" I asked a little awkwardly. My hands wrestled in my lap as I sat on a soft, pink blanket balled up on the ground of the tent. It smelled like bug spray but the fancy, fruity kind. I'm guessing Emira sprayed it. She's good at that kind of stuff despite being a bit of a prankster, she's still always been a bit of a mom friend toward those who she cares about. I remember she always made sure I had sunscreen on at the lake when we were younger.

"Once, twice... maybe a few more times." She chewed on his lip, adorable (and maybe a little bit hot) as it was, it was an obvious anxious tic. "Hunter?" I looked at him curiously. Panic flashed across his face as he met my eyes. "You know I love you right?" "Of course Y/N." He said, but he didn't meet my eye.

"Hunter." I repeated again, ever so slightly louder this time. His eyes met mine before moving away immediately before he finally rested his eyes on mine. "I don't want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Okay? I love you but, I didn't drag you here to have sex. I just wanted to be with you. I don't even want to do it tonight."

Hunter POV
They paused and put their hand on the side of my face, gently moving my face to look them in the eye. "Okay?" They asked. "Mm okay." "We can make out if you want, or guess what? We can just talk or even just go to bed if you want." This is stupid but I did say I was willing to do stupid things, "Y/N?" "Hunter?" They smiled. "Can I have a hug?" I felt a tug on my heart but ignored it.

"A hug?" "Stupid right? I just, uh, well, I just thought it'd be, it'd be nice." "It's not stupid, I think it'd be nice as well. Not stupid at all. Do you want me to hug you or do you want to do it so you can move at your own pace?" "Hug me?" I asked. Before I processed my own sight, their arms were wrapped around me. The scent of the lake water & their conditioner drowning out my worries. Their head rested, pressed into my shoulder.

Your POV
"Can I ask a weird question? Might be kind of silly." I mumbled into his shoulder which smelled like marshmallows and smoky fire. "Go ahead." His voice rolled, his sleepy voice was, wow. "I'm guessing you didn't get many hugs in the castle?" "They are quite new to me" He agreed. "As great as you imagined?" "Even better, before I never knew you so I had to imagine it as Unc- Belos. Even in my imagination he was never that great at hugs, definitely not as great as you, and he didn't smell as good."

"Glad you don't think I smell like that old guy." I laughed. "You really think I smell good? Even now with lake water excess and everything?" I wondered. "Of course I do, and you do." "I feel a bit bad for Ed, left out on his own."