4

Chapter 4: The Interrogation

Luo MingChuan was sizing up the person in front of him like this when he suddenly saw the boy's thin lips open. The youth called his name in a low tone, "Senior-apprentice brother Luo."

Yin BiYue's voice was cold, detached and indifferent.

Luo MingChuan finally snapped out of his daze. Once upon a time, in the Lan Yuan Academy, this person called him 'senior-apprentice brother' as well. However, it had been many years since he heard Yin BiYue address him like that. It was as if many things had changed after they both entered Cang Ya Mountain. For one, their previous friendship as schoolmates had suddenly disappeared.

In the blink of an eye, his train of thought became completely messed up. When Luo MingChuan once again returned his gaze to the person in front of him, all the questions he had prepared beforehand unexpectedly disappeared. He was at a loss for words, and began unconsciously talking in a gentler tone as he murmured, "Junior-apprentice brother Yin......"

However, instead of waiting for him to continue talking, the other boy spoke first. "Senior-apprentice brother came to ask me about what happened in the Violet Heaven Secret Realm?"

Thus, Luo MingChuan had no other choice but to nod. "That's right."

He didn't know what was wrong with himself. Clearly, all the evidence he had against Yin BiYue was already unquestionable. So, why was he still faintly hoping from the bottom of his heart that this boy was innocent? Why was his subconscious unwilling to believe that this youth had wanted to harm him?

He was truly crazy. Luo MingChuan cleared his head, once again raising his guard.

However, the person in front of him stopped talking. The youth only stared at him, his gaze containing neither sorrow nor delight.

There were no excuses. There was no explanation.

The stifling silence reverberated through the prison cell.

In reality, Yin BiYue was already so anxious and frustrated, he wanted to smash his head against the wall and die.

He had been rehearsing his lines for this kind of script: the protagonist approached him and, with a severe tone, immediately began to interrogate him. It would be best if the protagonist denounced and accused him. Then, Yin BiYue could take advantage of this opportunity and suffer his accusations in silence. He would stay unwilling to explain his actions. In the end, Yin BiYue would be 'forced' by the protagonist to say that he had met demonic cultivators in the Violet Heaven Secret Realm and was coerced by them to set up the killing array. This would be because he had no other choice, so he had been planning to first put on an act, before dying and taking down all of the demonic cultivators with him to his grave.

That would have been such a good script! There would have been drama, there would have been conflicts, and even his actions would have completely in-character too!

Sure, that script had so many loopholes, even paste wouldn't be able to cover them all. However, with his exquisite acting skills sharpened by countless years of practice and the protagonist's upright, Holy Mother type of personality, Yin BiYue was at least seventy-percent sure he would be able to deceive him.

Then, if the protagonist himself could help him testify before pleading for leniency at his public trial, his fate would completely take a turn for the better.

But now?! Protagonist, why weren't you following the script?!

Yin BiYue hadn't even finished organizing his thoughts when he saw the person in front of him knit his eyebrows. The protagonist seemed as if he was dissatisfied with his silence......