8

Chapter 8: The Convalescence

Cang Ya Mountain, Mission Hall.

Within a boiling cauldron of voices, cultivators didn't gather here just to receive sect assignments. No, a bigger reason for them to stay here was because they could leisurely chat and gossip with the other disciples. They could also take the chance to expand their information networks. It was a great way to enrich their exhausting cultivation lifestyles.

"How come things ended like this? To say senior-apprentice brother Luo was in the wrong, I don't believe it!"

"A month of isolation for the both of them? What kind of punishment is that? That Xi Hua Peak disciple, everytime he shut himself in for closed-door cultivation, he could stay there for half a year! However, senior-apprentice brother Luo's situation is different. Currently, he needs to take charge and appear personally to handle many Cang Ya Mountain matters. What should we do now?"

"Actually, this result might not necessarily have been Xi Hua Peak being biased. At that time, I was standing at a good place. Senior-apprentice brother Luo had walked into the Palace Hall with dishevelled hair while respectively holding his sword with both hands. It really looked like he was walking in to acknowledge his mistake......"

Suddenly, a person bowed his head and lowered his voice. "Do you guys think, for the results of the trial to become like this......Was it not because of the Sword Saint's famous name?"

As if it was because they had mentioned the two words, 'Sword Saint', for a moment, everyone's voices became much quieter as their attitudes became more cautious as well.

The silent teenager sitting in a corner suddenly shouted. "What do you guys know?!"

Everyone followed the voice and looked over. Then, they realized that this was the Mission Hall's Cheng Xi.

Someone hurriedly slung their arm over his shoulders before saying, "Yo kid, you know something, right? I heard you were one of the people who escorted that Xi Hua Peak disciple from the dungeon to the Palace Hall?"

The teenager's gaze was firm as he began speaking once more.

"Martial Uncle Yin is a good person. If you've really met him, you wouldn't be misled by the rumours!"

A commotion rose when the others heard that.

Everybody became exhilarated as they approached Cheng Xi. There were even some people who moved over benches and prepared some tea. They made him sit down and moisten his throat before listening to him slowly explain his experience with Yin BiYue.

Compared to the noisy outside world that was currently circulating with a bunch of gossip, Yin BiYue's courtyard on Xi Hua Peak was much more peaceful.

Even if Duan ChongXuan still hadn't left.

"Senior-apprentice brother, this is the medicinal soup made from the prescription Elder Ning gave you. Quickly drink it while it's still hot."

"Senior-apprentice brother, your innate talent is unsurpassed and your future growth cannot be measured. You must not feel depressed because of that person."

"Senior-apprentice brother, do you have something you can't figure out? Don't worry, we can slowly chat about it, ah......"

Yin BiYue, who had been leaning against the headboard of his bed in order to drink the medicine, almost did a spit take. He really couldn't imagine what the heck this guy was fantasizing right now.

He lightly coughed before saying, "Junior-apprentice brother, I'll like some quiet......"

Don't ask him who quiet was.