21

Chapter 21 – Yan Xing

The moment Yin Biyue took Luo Mingchuan's card, he clasped his sword in his hands. He promptly poured in his core energy, and his figure disappeared from the port.

He vaguely felt the breath of the wind and waves, the buzz of the marketplace, the clouds of dust on the main road, and the glare from the the early summer sun. However, everything was gone within the flash of an instant.

In the next moment, he stepped onto solid ground.

Before he could even clearly see the woods in front of him, practically in the same moment, an immense force abruptly pulled him back.

Even though Yin Biyue was cautiously prepared, he still staggered a bit. With no time to turn, he stabbed his unsheathed sword that carried immense core energy backward. But instantly, like a clay ox in the sea¹, the presence evaporated.

A strong Lesser Vessel stage cultivator!

Still, he did not use his backup plan, because the pulling force vanished. From behind him, a person's voice rang out,

"Wait a moment brother, I have no ill-intentions!"

That person let go of the grip on his shoulder, took two steps back, and suppressed his presence.

"Friend..."

Yin Biyue looked back and was stunned.

It was not because this person was extremely good-looking that he left people speechless.

Rather...it was because he looked very familiar.

His deep brown ensemble was somewhat shabby. On his waist hung a wine bottle, and he carried a changdao² on his back. His messy hair was tied in the back, and his chin was covered with stubble.

This image of a 'down on his luck Jianghu³ drunkard' did not seem like it'd belong to a cultivator.

But if observed closely, this person's features were sharp and distinct, his high brow bone slanted back to his temples. His eyes were too clear, naturally reducing the romanticism of his peach blossom eyes.

It only emphasized the embarrassment and sloppiness.

The other person also examined him back, surprised.

In the end, he asked uncertainly, "Fourth bro?"

At this time, Chatterbox's voice rang out from their backs, "Third shixiong! Why are you here?!"

That person turned around and immediately turned pale with shock, "Fifth bro!"

He then pointed at both him and Duan Chatterbox, "Weird! How come you two appeared out of nowhere! ...Fourth bro, what's wrong with your hair? I didn't even recognize you!"

Yin Biyue thought he finally knew why his face was so familiar.

Because this person was the third shixiong who barely visited once every three years: Yan Xing.

The last time they met was when Duan Chongxuan came to Xi Hua Peak and went through the apprenticeship ceremony in front of the picture of their master.

Yin Biyue nodded his head at Yan Xing, "Third shixiong, it's a long story..." He was not sure why his hair became white, so he switched topics, "Fifth shidi and I traveled to the Southern Continent to participate in the Flower Picking Festival."

Chatterbox continued, "How about third shixiong?"

Yan Xing's expression became awkward, "It's a longer story..."

Suddenly his face shifted, "Careful!"

Yin Biyue and Duan Chongxuan were instantly alert.

Third shixiong was already in the Lesser Vessel stage. What kind of person could he be avoiding?