17

Chapter 17: His Bottom Line

Yin BiYue's famous sword 'River's Reliance' had been passed down to him on behalf of his cheaply obtained Master, when Jun Yu substituted their Master to receive him as a disciple.

In the last three years he spent on Cang Ya Mountain, he had practiced the Cold Water Sword Arts at least ten million times. The forms had long been engraved into his bones, becoming instinct.

However, after leaving the Lan Yuan Academy, he no longer practiced the Cold Water Sword Arts.

When the first rays of dawn broke the horizon, Yin BiYue put away his sword.

Behind him, a big tree so thick that it would take two people to wrap their arms around its trunk toppled over with a loud rumble.

A breath later, the trees in the surrounding ten zhang1 all collapsed, startling countless birds into leaving the forest.

Yin BiYue just stood in the middle of the severed trees and demolished branches. A sword aura that had not yet scattered lingered around his entire body. He looked back, feeling quite apprehensive.

However, he only saw Duan Chatterbox yell in excitement, "It's been a long time since I've seen fourth senior-apprentice brother practice his sword! So it turned out your Sword Arts has advanced once again! Congratulations, senior-apprentice brother!"

Standing beside him was Luo MingChuan, who nodded while smiling gently.

The weight in Yin BiYue's heart finally dissipated.

If even Luo MingChuan couldn't tell there was something off, then at the very least it meant that anyone within and below the Revelation stage would be unable to tell.

In fact, because Luo MingChuan practiced the Jia Lan Spiritual Pupil Arts, his eyesight for things like this should exceed a normal person's. Perhaps, even someone from a higher cultivation realm than the Revelation stage wouldn't be able to see through his trick.

It seemed like the opponents he would meet during this trip to Zhong Ming Mountain wouldn't have any suspicions.

His true essence was unable to enter this sword. However, after taking a walk through the Academy, he had reached enlightenment and thought up a different kind of method.

He could cover the surface of his sword with his true essence, wrapping up this sword. This kind of method must have already been attempted by others in the past, but if someone did this, their true essence would quickly dissipate.

In addition, this required an enormous amount of true essence. With Yin BiYue's current true essence, he wouldn't be able to last for more than the time it took to brew a cup of tea.

However, his state of mind was very strong. Thus, he thought of using his state of mind to condense his divine consciousness. Then, he used his divine consciousness to lock his true essence onto the surface of his sword.

The drawback to this method was that the stronger his opponent, the faster his divine consciousness would be consumed. Fortunately, with his cheat-like, compacted state of mind, recovering his divine consciousness was also a quick matter. And for his current cultivation realm, it was more than enough.

Yin BiYue had already made a firm decision. This time, he would deal with his current situation in the best manner he could. And after the Flower Picking Festival was over, he would return to Cang Ya and study whilst in closed-door cultivation.

And although changing swords halfway through their cultivating was something to dread for many sword cultivators, in the event that he still couldn't get his sword to work, he would have no other choice but to substitute this sword.