56

Chapter 56 – The Road to Xingshan Temple

Yin Biyue intentionally restrained himself, so in this round of drinking he was very clear-headed. He avoided the embarrassment of babbling drunken nonsense.

Early the next morning the two of them set off. Basking in the pale morning light, Yin Biyue took one last look at the gate of Ye City.

The black brick city wall and the bronze gate, majestic and grand.

He thought, who knew how many years would pass until he got lucky enough to have time to revisit this familiar place.

To get from Ye City to Xingshan Temple, crossing the Tixiang Mountain Range would be a lot faster than going through the Southern Continent's main roads.

Because the demonic cultivators incident two days ago had caused an excessive commotion, twenty miles outside Ye City, the village at the foot of Tixiang Mountain was especially quiet; every household had locked up their doors, and the road was completely empty, with only kitchen chimney smoke rising in spirals.

Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan entered the mountain range. Since the Southern Continent entered autumn this year, the wind and rain had gone uninterrupted. The soil in the mountains was loose and damp; the branches and leaves in the forests hid the sky and covered the sun.

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

There was none of the bright sunlight of summer, only dense fog pervading the air. If they weren't cultivators, they would practically be unable to see further than three feet.

The two of them walked upon the rugged mountain path, at a pace not too swift nor too slow, but the mountain view on both sides retreated at a flying speed. Right now their cultivation levels were much higher than when they had crossed the Panlong Mountain; even if it was like taking a leisurely stroll in a courtyard, they could still shrink distances to an inch, traveling  hundreds of miles in a day.

By evening, they had already traversed a half of the continuous and unending Tixiang Mountain Range.

As the daylight gradually dimmed, Luo Mingchuan stopped, "Let's first rest for a night in the mountain and continue traveling tomorrow morning."

Yin Biyue naturally had no objections.

According to the everyday pattern of work and rest, nights were usually times to sit and regulate breaths or to meditate and cultivate.

The topography of Tixiang Mountains was not actually steep, but instead it had a bit of a graceful remoteness; and naturally formed caves were easy to find.

A trace of the moon appeared at first, but it was separated from the world by the crisscrossing branches; only a faint silvery light flowed down, illuminating a small cliff beside the cave.

Yet, the Cloud boots that stepped on the moist and spongy soil had suddenly stopped.

Yin Biyue turned his head to look. Luo Mingchuan's expression was serene; he had only grabbed his wrist and was shaking his head.

Then he released his Divine Sense and floated inside the cave, but it was just a strip of pitch-black inside, absolutely nothing to be found.

This moment Yin Biyue was suddenly on guard.

A cave in the mountains might have cobwebs or vines or insects or even a fierce beast, but it shouldn't have absolutely nothing.

Unless there were people inside.

If they were also traveling cultivators, then this place already had an owner, and they should naturally find another spot.

But Luo Mingchuan sensed a demonic atmosphere.