57

Chapter 57 – Xingshan Temple

The Tixiang Mountain Range runs from north to south. The further south you go, the more gorgeous the autumn forest becomes.

The dark green and golden yellow intertwining with the blood-red maple leaves was even more vibrant and colorful, penetrating through the white frost and mist.

When the two reached the mountain's summit, the red maples stretched as far as the eye could see. The wind rustled gently through, like the tides slapping against the shore, the sound echoing.

Luo Mingchuan smiled, "Past this mountain is the Xingshan Temple."

Yin Biyue raised his eyes and gazed afar into the wild maple trees, vaguely discerning the shadow of the green tiles halfway up the mountain.

It was like a pearl, interstitched between the surging, burning sea of fire.

After the Great Dao-Demonic Cultivation War and the Heavenly Calamity, many powerful people had fallen, and many sects lost their inheritance in the war. Most of the current great sects had only gradually emerged during the 'End of Dharma Era' period after the Heavenly Calamity.

The Xingshan Temple was different; although there were no sages, the inheritance of their traditions had never been interrupted. In terms of Buddhist orthodoxy, it even triumphed over Jie Kong Temple, which had the sage, Master Wu Wang.

Yin Biyue hadn't ever interacted with a buddhist cultivator before. His impression of them during the Flower Picking Festival stopped at their maintaining low profiles and their quietness with few words. The only thing that came to mind when many people think of the 'Double Buddhist Temples' was the word mercy.

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

Luo Mingchuan internally thought that with Xingshan Temple's highly skilled healers, Shidi's white hair disease could potentially take a turn for the better. He couldn't help but relax.

The monastery was built against the mountains; the greenish-gray roofs stretched into the distance, and layers of almond-yellow walls continued for miles.

There were at least thousands of monks practicing in such a large monastery.

However, the Shanmen wasn't very magnificent. In comparison with other major sects, it even looked a bit shabby.

After experiencing an indeterminate number of years of wind and rain, the three characters, 'Xing Shan Temple', engraved on the top of the gate, remained only the outline; the initial strokes could not be seen from long ago.

However, only this kind of desolate stone door still retained the original appearance of the 'All Saints Era'.

The three gates stood side by side, with a palatial double-eaved gate in the middle and smaller gates on each side. They symbolized the three gates of Nirvana and liberation: "emptiness," "signlessness," and "aimlessness," which were the typical monastery architectural style.

Everyone who comes here could see the history and glory of the monastery.

A young monk in bright yellow robes stood outside the Shanmen, his features calm.

He saw the two people arriving together side-by-side from the mountain road. They were clearly wearing Cang Ya robes, but their demeanors were completely different. One of them was as upstanding as warm jade, while the other had white hair and eyes like ice.

The young monk thought of a sutra he'd previously recited, "The body is born out of nothing, as if it were an illusion of images. The illusion of the mind and the heart is originally nothing, and all sins and blessings are empty and uninhabited."