54

Chapter 54 – Departure

Yin Biyue and Duan Chongxuan had yet to reach Lake Qiu when they bumped into Luo Mingchuan.

When Luo Mingchuan found them, he sighed openly in relief, "It's good as long as you two are alright. That gust of wind just now has suspicious origins."

In actuality, his Jia Lan Pupil Arts already saw the immense shadow above the clouds;  it was a mystical beast of at least Greater Vessel stage. But as the storm passed, it appeared that the mystical beast did not come with the intentions to destroy Ye City.

Duan Chongxuan turned his head to glance at Luan-er hiding behind him.

Luan-Er let out a low coo and stepped out, its eyes rippling with unshed tears. As if it knew that it made a mistake, its expression spoke that it was extremely wronged.

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

Luo Mingchuan spoke in great shock, "It was this?"

"Luan-Er, this is Luo-Shixiong. Say hi."

The blue-winged luan's slender neck bent down, rubbing its crown feathers on the side of his hand.

The soft and fluffy feeling shocked Luo Mingchuan

His hand is being rubbed on by a Greater Vessel blue-winged luan.

Yin Biyue felt even better now.

This kind of experience that shattered the three views cannot be had by him alone.

It was a shame this world had no huskies, and Luo-shixiong couldn't experience the full extent of Luan-er's puppy eyes.

Taking the opportunity given by Luan-er selling meng, Duan Chongxuan began to explain, "It's not that I hid it on purpose, it's just that my family's circumstances are a bit complicated..."

Luo Mingchuan uncharastically interrupted him, "You don't need to say these things. I've taken you as my shidi, this is something that will not change."

Duan Chongxuan smiled, "I must take a trip home now. I'll leave Forth-Shixiong in your hands."

Yin Biyue felt there was something wrong with this sentence.

But he saw Luo Mingchuan nod seriously, as if there wasn't anything wrong after all.

After Duan Chongxuan finished speaking, they saw that Ye City attendant bring Wang Xi to walk over.

His expression stilled, and even the aura surrounding his entire body became different.

After the head of the palace guards, who was a half-step into Great Vessel stage, finished negotiating with the city lord's mansion and thereafter also acquired Duan Chongxuan's permission, he entered the city after surrendering his saber.

Now, he stopped three feet away and bowed in greeting, and it was the grand greeting of the northern imperial capital. He kneeled on the ground, near prostrating on the ground, and said,

"Respects to Your Royal Highness."

Except for Duan Chongxuan, everyone else  retreated a step, avoiding this bow.

Yin Biyue sharply noticed something. Clearly the Chatterbox's posture only changed imperceptibly, but he seemed to be standing atop a towering platform, worshiped by thousands.

Duan Chongxuan did not say anything.

Thus the middle aged general clad in silver armour continued to kneel.

The air suddenly became stifling.

The Ye City attendant took their leave first, and both Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan also felt like they should retreat.