41

Chapter 41 – Dusk

Yin Biyue felt the atmosphere change instantly.

Each person's eyes that fell on him had an indescribable, complicated expression.

Sheathing his sword, he saw Chen Yi smiling and even cupping his hands in courtesy, "Today's battle, I accept wholeheartedly."

Yin Biyue felt incredibly lucky and thought: this cheap imitation of a halo couldn't even draw much aggro. Thus, he returned the gesture and said, "by your concession".

The attendant called out, "This battle is over. Cang Ya, Yin Biyue wins—"

The highs and lows of this battle could be deemed brilliant and outstanding, yet without bloodshed or injury. Both sides began with an upright and composed greeting, and they ended in the same manner.

Yin Biyue walked off the stage and a hoard of Cang Ya disciples swarmed around him. Their gazes were both joyous and sorrowful, even carrying somewhat of 'wishing iron would instantly turn into steel'¹ kind of feeling.

Their scrutiny made him extremely uncomfortable.

In the next second, the crowd parted, and he was met with Luo Mingchuan's eyes. As always, they were the color of clear and crystalline amber. His eyes carried a trace of concern. He asked in a low tone, "Are you injured?"

It was the same as when his first fight ended. In that instant, a sense of comfort washed over Yin Biyue. No matter how this world saw him, Luo Mingchuan's gaze had never changed.

Screw whatever aggro!

Shixiong had been under the sun this long, and he was still waiting for me to support him on the way home! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Luo Mingchuan slightly coughed and simply said, "There's still something else, shidi and I will go first."

Only then did the crowd suddenly show flustered expressions.

They already knew the road beneath their feet by heart; after they turned into an alleyway, Yin Biyue supported Luo Mingchuan's arm. The incomplete intent of the Frigid Water technique still circulated devastatingly around his body, making him unable to resist leaning closer.

Yet, suddenly he felt the closeness was inappropriate. Shixiong, who was always proper, might not be very used to it. Just when he was about to put some distance between them, he heard Luo Mingchuan sincerely say, "Thank you, shidi."

No worries ~\(≧▽≦)/~

*************

The two had left without hesitation. When everyone at the arena had regained their composure, Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan's backs were so far away that they couldn't be seen anymore, condensing into a single point under the clear blue sky.

Comments and sighs rang out one by one.

He Yanyun lamented, "With Yin shixiong like this... good thing Luo shixiong is there to watch over him."

Duan Chongxuan didn't know what expression he should be making. Regarding his own shixiong's nature, he understood more deeply than others. "Fortunately, with fourth shixiong's combat capability and cultivation, he won't be bullied by other people."

Some people didn't agree, "Yin shixiong's cultivation is profound, his combat capability unsurpassed. But in the future, what if somebody with immoral intentions wants to deceive him? For example, acting pitiful to get sympathy? Then what?"

"Yin shixiong always wears a cold expression! He appears to be cold-hearted and aloof! This is great!"

"Yes! Although he's easily misunderstood, he can still also frighten the crooks!"