49

Chapter 49 – Ascending the Mountain
Luo Mingchuan's performance in this match was more conspicuous than in the previous rounds, and because he had effortlessly won against Chu Huan, he did not receive any written challenges in the next few days.

Numerous spectating disciples who believed that they couldn't last longer than a cup of tea under Chu Huan's 'Rising Tide of the Jade Sea', naturally didn't want to challenge Luo Mingchuan.

Many people determined that his strength was one level higher than Yin Biyue; hence, they were all waiting for him to challenge Yin Biyue, who was currently number one.

In the past, the Flower Picking Festival often had same-sect disciples challenge each other, considering the ranking competition was meant to be conducted independently.

However, as the days passed, all kinds of challenge fights had already been fought a dozen or more times, yet there was still no movement from Lake Qiu.

It was as if Luo Mingchuan had completely given up the right to challenge.

As a result, various speculations and arguments rang out. Some say that these two had deep affections and could not meet each other on the battlefield. This type of statement didn't receive much approval, because during everyday cultivation practices, same-sect members often sparred with each other. It wasn't a life-or-death situation, so how could it affect their affections?

In comparison, another type of speculation was more widely accepted. On the day of the Great Heat1, in the southern side of the city's fourteenth alley, someone saw these two leaning against each other, walking away.

The rumors after that were even more exaggerated, saying that Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan were not ordinary Shixiong and Shidi; they were to become dao companions in the future.

When Yin Biyue heard Duan Chongxuan deliver these stories, he nearly dropped his sword.

He calmed his breath and seriously said, "This matter must never be mentioned in front of Shixiong!"

Despite Chatterbox's repeated promises, Yin Biyue still felt apprehensive.

Luo Mingchuan couldn't already know, right?

When has a gentlemanly and principled person like Shixiong ever heard of these preposterous words! Shixiong will definitely be mad!

Maybe... he would even avoid me in order to avoid suspicions?

No! Yin Biyue, how could you measure the protagonist's thoughts with a villain's heart! Shixiong conducts himself magnanimously; why would he care about the gossip of others?

But... he was still afraid Shixiong would know... It was awkward to even think about it.

Yin Biyue eventually decided to firmly keep an eye on him! As long as he didn't go to the center of the city, or enter noisy teahouses or pubs, then Shixiong would never know! The moment the Flower Picking Festival finishes, they would immediately return to Cang Ya! It wouldn't take many days anyways!

The plan could be said to be perfect!

Luo Mingchuan noticed that Shidi had changed recently.

Beginning from the early mornings, there was a shadow that flitted past his window. It took a few steps in the courtyard, as if confirming whether he was there or not. As long he had the intent of going out, Shidi who was practicing his sword by the lake would immediately become nervous,

"Shixiong, where are you going?"

"Today is He-shimei's ranking competition. I'm going to take a look."