61

Chapter 61

The damp and salty sea breeze stirred with the strong scent of blood, pungent and icy cold.

Inside the enormous ship were thousands of brightly lit shark-oil lamps, like a brilliant moon rising above the surface of the pitch-black sea.

In the bright light, not too far away, the bloody waters and ruined corpses became clearer. There were bodies spread everywhere–pieces of flesh stacked upon each other, some with only half a body remaining, yet still with one final breath. The pained screams had long dissipated, leaving only faint groans and pained gasps.

The entirety of the Dragon Travelling Treasure Ship was like purgatory.

The blue-winged luan stood in the center of the bloodbath, chained by over ten shackles. Expressionless imperial guards held the chains firmly; after all they were accustomed to the sight of death, even scenes more bloody and terrifying than the current one before them.

And those who had already died or those who were not yet quite dead, they were all just then the sacrifices to subdue the luan.

Duan Chongxuan knew, the other person was currently lighting the lamps because he wanted nothing else but to shock him by this kind of devastation. As the useless crown prince who was raised in the inner palaces in his childhood and later sent off to Cang Ya Sect after growing up, he indeed should have been scared out of his wits, his state of mind afterwards in turbulent disorder.

He took a look at Wang Xi. The other did not say anything to urge him, as if he was just extremely patiently guiding him.

"Your Highness, have you thought it through clearly yet?"

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

He perfectly understood that using Flowing Light Chain could make the blue-winged luan go mad and hurt people, the damage immeasurable, but he paid no attention to what price his subordinates paid.

His nature, cold and resolute, was really suitable for major events, such as plotting a rebellion.

Of course, a vicious dog resembles its owner. Duan Chongxuan thought of the always gently smiling imperial uncle in his memories, and the bottom of his heart froze.

He stated, "I will follow you to see Xian Wang. But I first want to treat Luan Er's wounds."

With the dust having settled, Wang Xi let loose a breath, "This is only natural; Your Highness, please do."

After all, this crown prince had too many deadly weapons on his person; there wasn't much to be done about it. Naturally the best course of action was to do nothing.

He stepped to the side, leaving a way out of the surrounding layered encirclement.

The imperial guards holding the chains did not move, but they also did not stop Duan Chongxuan.

Laun Er saw him approaching, its ruthless and wrathful eyes originally housing a sea of fire, but then suddenly turned watery, like the red-rimmed eyes of a child that had been wronged.

Duan Chongxuan softly straightened its feathers, stooped his body, and fed a medicinal pill into its mouth. Luan Er quietly whimpered, obediently opened its mouth to eat it, and rubbed against his embrace.

The imperial guards standing ready were totally unable to understand–the terrible beast that was just a moment ago so destructive and fearful, how did it immediately become like this?

Duan Chongxuan patted it, then turned around to go back.

The blue-winged luan was obedient as before.