31

Chapter 31- Mutual dependence

When Yin Biyue got off the stage, the Qing Lu Sword Sect attendant forgot to announce the results of the match, everyone from Bao Pu Zong forgot to help the people on stage, and the Cang Ya disciples also forgot to cheer.

A summer breeze blew past the elm tree; the lush leaves closest to the stage, after enduring raging flames and icy devastation, finally fell gently in the wind.

The melting frost left a clear, shallow pool on the stage, where the fallen leaves floated. As if a sudden bout of autumnal rain, the scorching dry heat of the height of summer was washed away by a harsh frost rolling over the land.

The attendant suddenly snapped out of his daze and shouted, "The match has ended! Cang Ya sect's Yin Biyue is the winner!"

The announcement was like a cue. Not just the Cang Ya disciples, but many people below the stage all waved their swords while cheering. The sound rapidly spread, and the faraway citizens of Ye city joined in the applause.

Bao Pu disciples surged onto the stage and, with one person on each side, helped the pale-faced He Lai down.

Duan Chongxuan loudly laughed, "Fourth shixiong, I'll serve you in the future as long as you cover me!"

This was clearly a joke, so the Cang Ya disciples all laughed and one by one went to congratulate Yin Biyue.

Only Luo Mingchuan, sporting a slight frown, asked: "Are you hurt?"

Only when he asked this question did everyone remember. This match was so beautiful that they had forgotten Yin Biyue was up against such domineering swordsmanship, and they all now became worried.

Yin Biyue shook his head. "I'm not hurt."

Luo Mingchuan carefully scrutinized him, and his expression finally relaxed. "You should go back and rest."

The Cang Ya disciples made a path for Luo Mingchuan to first accompany Yin Biyue back to Lake Qiu.

Duan Chongxuan was originally going to go with them, but he surveyed the area and could vaguely discern the flood of colorful skirts and painted umbrellas around ten zhang away.

Understanding that he would only be inconveniencing his shixiong, he could only say to them, "See you tonight at Lake Qiu! Have a good rest, fourth-shixiong."

Luo Mingchuan and Yin Biyue walked towards Ye city.

As soon as they left, the two big shots half a step into the Greater Vessel Stage on the eastern side of the stands also began to leave, and the spectating elders got up and saluted them before re-seating themselves.

The Qing Lu Sword sect disciples went up to clean up the water on the stage, and half of the Bao Pu Zong disciples had already left, saying that they were taking He Lai to the healers at Jie Kong Temple.

Nobody knew when Zhong Shan and Song Tang also left.

The fights were still going on as before, but there were much fewer people in the audience.

Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan strolled about in Ye city.

It was the peak of summer, the sun was so scorching you could see the light reflecting off the limestone blocks.

The long streets were empty; with neither human voices nor barking dogs. It was as if the entire city was in a deep, intoxicated slumber.

Only the summer cicadas were still tirelessly chirping.

In the torrid heat of summer, Luo Mingchuan could feel delicate wisps of cold spilling from Yin Biyue's body.

Early on in the journey from Cang Ya sect to Ye city, Luo Mingchuan had discovered that Yin Biyue's body temperature was usually lower than average, even more so at night.