39

Chapter 39 – Seeing the Ocean

In the next few days, Yin Biyue's party of three only went to see Zhong Shan's fight; the rest of the time was spent focused on cultivating.

Until today, when it was Yin Biyue's turn to battle.

His opponent was Lian Jian Zong's Chen Yi, a disciple under Lian Jian Zong's Sage.

This was following Duan Chongxuan's battle with Cheng Tianyu; the second time a disciple of the Sword Saint did battle with a sage's disciple.

Chen Yi's luck in the previous lot drawings was very good. The gap between him and his opponents were too big; therefore he did not have to reveal powerful techniques to win easily. Those few battles weren't very spectacular and didn't cause any big stir.

Now this match was his first time encountering a powerful enemy.

Chen Yi and Chu Huan, one a martial cultivator and one a spiritual cultivator, were Lian Jian Zong's most likely candidates to win the grand prize of the Flower Picking Festival.

For whatever reason, this day around the stage, there was an especially large number of Lian Jian Zong's people.

Purple robes underneath the stage melded into one, like an ocean of blue waves.

The seating on the viewing platform also changed, because a powerful cultivator halfway into the Greater Vessel Stage had arrived from Lian Jian Zong.

The important figure's sudden arrival should have attracted attention, but unexpectedly, nearly everyone was looking behind that female Lian Jian Zong elder.

Standing there was a young lady.

The wide sleeves of a dark reddish-purple robe drifted in the morning wind; the sunrise cast a faint light with a touch of gold on her white jade-like face. She was like a small lilac with a flower bud waiting to blossom, not quite ready to bloom but still fragrant enough to stretch to all corners of a room.

With the lofty viewing platform tall and distant, many people could only see a blurry silhouette.

In spite of this, they had an inexplicable feeling , believing that she was a one-in-a-thousand beauty.

"So this is Qu Duiyan?"

"Truly very beautiful... is she here to watch her Chen shixiong?"

The Lian Jian Zong disciples all displayed proud and honoured expressions.

The Qing Lu Sword Sect's attending disciple also saw this faraway beauty and momentarily forgot to announce the start of the match.

As for the two leads about to battle, it was as if the entire world forgot about them for the moment.

The two stood there, facing off, and it was a very fitting time to say something.

Chen Yi was the first one to open his mouth,

"Yin shixiong, I recognize you. Two years ago after I finished school at Lan Yuan Academy, I apprenticed under my teacher, and while I was at the Academy, I once read your 'Critical Thinking' essay Miscellaneous Practical Theories."

Yin Biyue silently listened and nodded his head in acknowledgement. An opponent bringing up the past, right before a match, naturally did not intend to form a closer relationship.

Chen Yi continued, "I have not yet been an apprentice for two years. Therefore today, if I lose to you, it is not that my shifu did not teach me well, but that my own studies at the Academy were inferior to yours."

Yin Biyue said, "Reasonable."

It was indeed reasonable.

Just like how he had never even seen the Sword Saint's face, his sword practice and cultivation were all reliant on studying on his own. If he was defeated by someone else, naturally it was also not considered that the Sword Saint taught poorly .