34

Chapter 34 – Suffering

After offering their congratulations, one naturally couldn't only report the good news and neglect the bad. Thus, without saying much, tacitly, the three started to discuss their concerns.

Duan Chongxuan mumbled hesitantly, "Zheng Wei came, but then left... My guess would be that the city owner made a move.

Luo Mingchuan spoke, "That's right, it is Ye City's Lord.

Yin Biyue frowned, "Zheng Wei visited merely because I won against He Lai?

This was unreasonable.

Taking the responsibility of victory or defeat in the Flower Picking Festival was an unspoken rule. The higher realmed cultivators of the same sect might come to watch the fight as encouragement, but never was there a precedent for revenge.

Duan Chongxuan replied, "Master previously killed five Bao Pu Zong elders at the banks of Ba River; among them was Zheng Wei's master."

Yin Biyue knew about this, but it still didn't make sense. Because Bao Pu Zong already endured for many years, why did they choose this time to act.

Duan Chongxuan's next sentence turned the atmosphere solemn. "News came from the Eastern Continent that half a month ago, somebody saw master enter the Fallen Star Abyss. I only came to know of it three days ago. At that time, shixiong, you were behind closed-doors to break through so I didn't tell you. But I already sent a letter back to Xi Hua Peak."

Fallen Star Abyss was a place where even light could not reach.

During the Heavenly Calamity period, the fire rained from the sky and chasms open in the earth. Thousands of years later, numerous abysses fused together once more. Only one continued growing, its length traverse across half of the Southern Continent. No one knew how deep it was because no one ever returned. Therefore, it received its name: Fallen Star.

"Very few people know of this. I didn't expect the speed at which Bao Pu Zong acquired this information was also this fast. Their response was similarly extremely quick... I suspect, they believe shifu cannot return."

Yin Biyue's mood became heavy.

He didn't know what the Sword Saint was doing at the Fallen Star Abyss nor the reason for the journey that never brought him back to the peak for many years. But he inexplicably believed that the Sword Saint's actions always had their reasons. Shifu was probably doing something big.

However, if the Sword Saint was gone then Bao Pu Zong's Sage would be the world's strongest cultivator. Cang Ya, had no Sage. Although the sect leader was a Greater Vessel, if discussing marital prowess, he was inferior to Jun Yu, a half-step into Greater Vessel stage.

This was an exceedingly troublesome matter. If their worst conjecture became reality, it wasn't only them who faced danger, but also Cang Ya. The three of them all understood that Zheng Wei's arrival was simply for reconnaissance.In the event that the Sword Saint continues to not appear, it was most likely because he couldn't come.

This information would be leaked quickly; the overt and covert enemies of the Sword Saint and Cang Ya would all know, and uncountable crises would follow right behind.

Yin Biyue knew that the first to face these crises would be himself.

His cultivation was the lowest of the five people in Xi Hua Peak, other than Chatterbox. Yet many knew Duan Chongxuan was brought to Xi Hua Peak by Academy Director's letter so naturally they assumed he might be the Director's relative. Even if the Sword Saint was absent, the Academy would still be present and the Director of the Academy would also be present.