20

Chapter 20: Trading Letters

Yin BiYue had practically forgotten he still possessed this 'Little Halo Assistant' thing.

Ever since he had used it once in the Cang Ya dungeons, it had never appeared again. Specific circumstances apparently had to be reached before it would be triggered.

There also wasn't anything great about his only experience with it. When it was activated, he could only make expressions and movements under the control of an intangible force.

By now, Luo MingChuan had already looked over again as he started sizing Yin BiYue up.

Silently, Yin BiYue clenched his teeth......

"We reached Xian Gang1!"

Duan ChongXuan shouted loudly in excitement. After letting go of the cart curtain, he withdrew his body. "Fourth senior-apprentice brother, we're about to cross the ocean!"

The awkward atmosphere in the cart was instantly obliterated.

Yin BiYue nodded his head slightly, indicating that he understood.

No, no, no! Use it now my ass!!

'Ding——You have already given up the opportunity to use the Little Halo Assistant. Please note, there are still two activation chances remaining. The Little Assistant, a great friend. For life's difficult predicaments, this assistant can help mend!2'

No! If it was possible, Yin BiYue never wanted to use it ever again!

As Yin BiYue stared at the chatterbox's excited face, he felt that he truly didn't understand. Why was it that a normally ordinary person (not) became so abnormally excited the moment he left the Sect, as if he had been shot with some chicken blood3?

Duan ChongXuan was actually able to maintain the same posture while looking outside for that long?

Was the view really that nice?

At this moment, the coachman made a long hush. When the cart stopped, he smiled and said, "These lords, we have arrived in Xian Gang!"

Duan ChongXuan took the lead and hopped off the cart. He slapped an ingot of silver into the coachman's hand.

The coachman looked awkward, "Lord, I can't give you your change."

Chatterbox Duan heroically waved his hand, "No need for change!"

Promptly after that, he impatiently walked forward with large strides.

The moment Yin BiYue got off the cart, what he saw first was the chatterbox's pleased back. In his heart, Yin BiYue thought that if this guy had a tail, it definitely had to be rapidly wagging right now.

It was really......embarrassing.

Fortunately, they hadn't worn their Cang Ya Mountain robes. And fortunately, the words 'Sword Saint's Disciples' weren't written on their faces.

Luo MingChuan had been the last one to get off the cart. After giving the coachman a 'many thanks', he began following behind Yin BiYue as they walked forward.

The moist and salty sea breeze assaulted one's senses.

Xian Gang was the number one big harbour on the south side of the Western Continent, in which every day brought forth more dealings. There were hundreds of ships that either dropped their anchors to enter the harbour, or were perhaps ready to sail and take off.

From sunrise till sunset, every moment was similar to being in a boiling cauldron of voices4. After nightfall, the lighthouse on the harbour illuminated the dark waves that rushed forth on the sea surface. In addition, it illuminated the faces of people waiting for a ship to return from a distant location.