5

Chapter 5: The Release

At the Rebirth Company:

"You really can't contact Mister Villain?" Liu XiaoDai was sprawled on his office desk as he listlessly muttered, "If that Halo has a problem, I reckon it'll be about time for me to pack my bags and leave......"

Wang Wei crawled out of his half-assembled transmigration machine before wiping the sweat off of his face. "I still can't detect any fluctuations. What's wrong with wearing the wrong Halo? Automatic white-washing, right? Isn't that pretty good too?"

"That Halo was being debugged! We don't even know if there are any side-effects!"

"Ha ha ha what kind of side-effects would a white-washing Halo have? Don't tell me it'll turn the user into an albino?"

Liu XiaoDai gave Wang Wei a withering glare.

Wang Wei bowed his head in embarrassment. "Oh, so the side-effects might actually be albinism, ah.....?"

.

.

.

"This time's Customer Self-Experience Service has now concluded. Respected customer, you still have two more opportunities to use this service."

Yin BiYue snapped out of his daze when he heard the mechanical and electronic voice in his head.

During his interaction with the protagonist, his fragmented memories regarding his time in the Academy were almost completely repaired. It seemed like he needed to be in contact with the relevant characters in order to 'activate' those memories.

Thus, Yin BiYue had been so preoccupied with watching those memories, he hadn't even cared about the expressions he had made or the things he had said under the Halo's influence.

But despite watching everything, however, Yin BiYue was still quite confused. That was because, regarding the memory of the original Yin BiYue's graduation night, the teenager only drank a few cups of wine before returning to his room and sleeping early.

So what was with Luo MingChuan's expression before he left? That confused, pained, and regretful look......Could it be? Had Luo MingChuan borrowed some money from the original Yin BiYue and never returned it?

Can't be. Then, did Luo MingChuan ended up sleeping with the original Yin BiYue's crush?

Cang Ya Mountain was particularly concerned with practicing abstinence and resisting one's lust. If one had already experienced their spring night that young, even entering the Sect would be quite difficult.

Or maybe the word 'Qiongzhou' was something one could use against the protagonist? Maybe it was some kind of dark past, so saying it would make the protagonist feel guilty?

Yin BiYue honestly didn't understand. Furthermore, his head was still spinning.

However, this should be considered as successfully duping the protagonist, right?

In any case, he had no other choice but to believe that Little Halo Assistant for the time being. Thinking that, Yin BiYue sat down beside the wall once more. After adjusting himself to a comfortable position, he continued to try and dig into the original Yin BiYue's scattered memories.

On the bright side, his current world didn't have any light. Thus, it greatly improved the quality of his sleep.

In a flash, seven days passed.

Today, the skies were clear and the weather was great. Even the breeze was harmonious and calm.

Before Yin BiYue was released from his prison cell, a guard gave him a spacious and black cloak. It was only with the help of that cloak's hood did he not go blind from the sunlight.