14

Chapter 14: Moving Forward

Ultimately, Yin BiYue hadn't been able to maintain his serious and heavy mood for his entire meeting with sister Liu QiShuang.

"Junior-apprentice brother, bring this Dragon Scale Protective Treasure Robe with you!"

"This South Sea's Submerged Dagger must be taken along as well!"

"And the Black Bamboo Bone Green Jade Fan, the Nine Dragon's Fiery Cover, the Four-sided Mountains and River Cauldron, you must bring them all......"

Liu QiShuang was still wondering what else she had missed.

Yin BiYue stared speechlessly at the spiritual artefacts piled into a small mountain.

He knew that Liu QiShuang practiced hand-to-hand combat and normally didn't care about material objects. Thus, it could be assumed that most of these were her spoils of war from 'the battle at Xi Ling Mountain'.

If that was the case, then it was even more vital that Yin BiYue didn't take any of it.

He lightly coughed once, "Senior-apprentice sister, I am aware of your kind intentions. However, I cultivate the sword path. If I bring so many spiritual artefacts when I go out to travel, won't it be the same as neglecting my fundamentals and concentrating on superficial details?"

Li QiShuang pondered for a moment before realizing that this made a lot of sense. Normally, she didn't use any of these spiritual artefacts herself.

However, she still wasn't reassured, "Junior-apprentice brother, bringing an artefact that can protect you is also good!"

Hence, both sides compromised and in the end, Yin BiYue still brought along a single dagger.

After Liu QiShuang calmed down, she realized that she had just walked into a mental pitfall.

The crises one faces when they leave the Peak to travel vary widely and were impossible to anticipate. How could something like thorough preparation exist? How could there be a surefire backup? If she truly thought through everything extremely carefully and acted too cautious, it would actually end up harming her junior-apprentice brother instead.

The road going forward was boundless and could not be planned. In the end, junior-apprentice brother had to walk his own path by himself.

After thinking these things through, Liu QiShuang felt a lot more relieved. At ease, she said some encouraging words and then quickly allowed Yin BiYue to leave.

Meanwhile, a teenager sat behind a table as he read a book.

His posture was very straight, and there wasn't even a hint of him leaning to one side. His gaze was calm and gentle, like an abyss or a vast ocean. What he was currently reading wasn't a jade bamboo book, but rather an ancient scroll. The corners and edges of the scroll were already beginning to turn yellow. Even though this wasn't some kind of a precious ancient book, he made no signs of being undisciplined as he handled it.

Luo MingChuan's self-discipline and sense of responsibility had long taken root within his personality itself, penetrating deeply into his bones.

Even when he had time alone, his attitude and behaviour were still meticulously upright.

In fact, even his Master Zheng YangZi sometimes thought his self-discipline had evolved to a degree that was too extreme.

However, despite a personality like his, he never made other people feel a sense of oppression around him.

On the contrary, every single person who had come in contact with him would feel a carefree sensation, as if they were being cleansed by the spring breeze.