19

Chapter 19: Star Cluster

The cart's wheels rumbled as they travelled swiftly on the western main road, kicking up a lot of dust clouds.

A noble son lifted the hanging curtain of the cart as a pair of slightly slanted phoenix eyes looked outside. Occasionally, his gaze would accidentally meet the eyes of a lady lifting the curtain in the cart beside them. When those girls suddenly saw his glimmering eyes, their faces would flush as they hurriedly shifted their gazes. Although, there were a few who were more daring, and would cover their mouths before softly laughing in a dainty manner.

One after another, Duan ChongXuan would smile back at them.

Yin BiYue felt speechless. For this whole journey......does your face not feel stiff?

After passing through the road where they encountered the Bao Pu Sect disciples, all three of them lost interest and thus began to accelerate their journey. As a result, they made it out of the Panlong mountain range not even three days later.

After crossing the Yun Zhong road, the rest of the journey was indeed peaceful. Duan ChongXuan rented out a cart at a building and requested a coachman. When he had nothing to do, he would just raise the curtain in the cart and look outside. In his words, this was also a type of travelling. It was a method of cultivation, and a way of life.

Yin BiYue truly did not understand Duan ChongXuan's reactions, which made it seem like sitting on a cart was as novel as sitting on a blue-winged luan1.

Could it be......did this guy always fly around in the sky when he left his house in the past?

Nah, he probably just felt too stifled at Xi Hua Peak.

In comparison, Luo MingChuan had became more silent.

There were only three people in the cart. When the only chatterbox became busy with looking at the scenery and the ladies, this kind of silence became somewhat awkward.

Perhaps the only person who thought it was awkward was Yin BiYue.

Fortunately, it was merely some awkwardness, and there wasn't any real hidden danger.

In the past, as long as the distance between him and Luo MingChuan was somewhat close, Yin BiYue would feel uncomfortable from head to toe and raise his guard.

However, currently, for this journey, the cart wasn't very large. Even if the two people sat on opposite ends, they would only be separated by a mere three chi2.

As time passed, Yin BiYue gradually became used to it.

And occasionally, when he meets Luo MingChuan's gaze, he would, with some difficulty, be capable of curling up the corner of his lips and returning a smile.

This kind of progress was truly something worth celebrating.  

After Yin BiYue became more magnanimous, the one lacking confidence became Luo MingChuan instead.

He felt that his slip of tongue in the past had harmed his junior-apprentice brother. In the future, he had to find an opportunity to straighten out Yin BiYue's obsession, so that his junior-apprentice brother would no longer lose his way.

His past experience made him believe that he was someone who recognized his own mistakes and would reform himself.

However, his junior-apprentice brother was just sitting there, where the distance between them wasn't even three chi. When Luo MingChuan raised his head to look at him, a hint of a smile flitted through Yin BiYue's eyes.

Luo MingChuan suddenly felt his heart was thrown into disarray.

The feeling was similar to what one would feel as they stood outside the Academy's library during a midsummer's night, while the night breeze blew past and the petals of the Chinese Scholar Tree scattered all over their body.