47

Chapter 47 – Chu Huan

By the time Yin Biyue was completely awake, it was already late at night, seven days later.

His core energy had been coursing in his body along his meridians for an entire week now, and never had he felt so clear in spirit nor so invigorated in energy.

The wound on his arm was entirely painless and was only slightly itchy from growing new skin.

His cultivation realm that was originally at the initial tier of the breakthrough stage had unexpectedly continued through to the middle tier.

Sitting by the bed, Luo Mingchuan smiled, "Shidi is awake? Are you still feeling unwell?"

Under the warm yellow of dancing candlelight, his face was painted with a dim glow, the smile in his eyes also set alight by the flickering candle flame..

Yin Biyue's suddenly felt that his face was burning. "No, I've actually increased in cultivation realm...... Shixiong, how long did I sleep? What time is it now?

He subconsciously lowered his eyes and avoided Luo Mingchuan's attentive gaze, but then he glimpsed the hand gripping his by the bedside.

He somehow had not been aware of it for this entire time.

Was it because his awareness and reactions were sluggish from being asleep for so long, or was it because he was held this entire time, and he became used to it?

Thinking of this, Yin Biyue felt his face burning even more.

Luo Mingchuan smiled kindly, "Seven days. Right now it is the third quarter of zi-shi.*"

Yin Biyue sat up in the bed, "I've slept too long and my bones are a bit stiff. I want to go outside for a stroll."

"Alright." Luo Mingchuan readily let go of his hand. He very naturally bent down and picked up the cloud boots* by the bed as if to help Yin Biyue into them.

Yin Biyue hurriedly said, "Shixiong, I really am perfectly fine." At the same time he snatched his boots and put them on himself.

He wanted to walk around outside. On one hand, it was because he was indeed uncomfortable from lying down for so long, but on the other hand, there was the embarrassment of noticing that he was not in his own room, but was sleeping in Luo Mingchuan's bed.

When he opened the door and left, Luo Mingchuan also followed him out. With nary a word spoken, Luo Mingchuan also added a cloak for him.

With the chill of the evening wind blowing, the heat on his face faded. Yin Biyue stood in the courtyard recalling the fight from that day.

In the pouring rain, he aimed his Yi Hu Sword towards the sky and rendered the 'Midday Sun in a Clear Sky,' breaking Zhong Shan's Besieging the City with Wind and Rain. But the sword's might was too vast, to the extent that his core energy and divine sense were severely depleted. Luo Mingchuan came up and supported him while he was bewildered, and Chatterbox seemed to have fed him a medicinal pill.

Afterwards were several days of half sleep, half wakefulness. He faintly recalled Luo Mingchuan unceasingly using his own core energy to nourish his meridians and disperse the medicine. This time his cultivation realm increased because he reached a greater understanding of his components in the midst of the battle, and also because Chatterbox's medicinal pill was very effective, but especially because of the care Luo Mingchuan put in over the past seven days.

When he realized this, Yin Biyue started to judge himself.

Shixiong could not sleep soundly at night and was toiling exhaustively in every possible way. And himself, the moment he woke up, actually went as far as to think about some trivial things instead. That really was too improper!