42

Chapter 42 – First Love

Yin Biyue left the courtyard; it was once again the time of day for him to practice his sword.

At this hour in the past, the shores of Lake Qiu were quiet, tranquil, and without a trace of people; only the rare cries of cuckoos ringing distantly.

But today, Lake Qiu seemed to have mysteriously gained a radiant glow.

His eyes followed the gleam, and saw a lone person standing under the willow trees. It was a young lady, who sweetly gave a small smile and called out, "Yin-shixiong."

Anyone else in his place would have recognized this young lady.

But Yin Biyue wasn't anyone else.

That day, when he stepped onto the stage to compete, he did not think to glance around the stage. Now, he could only rely on her clothing to infer that this girl originated from Lian Jian Zong. He took two steps forward, stopped a polite distance away, and suspiciously asked, "You are?"

They had never met before; she ought to be calling him 'Yin-daozhang,' not 'Yin-shixiong.'

If other girls had seen him — brows slightly knitted, an expression full of ice, seeming entirely insensitive — they would have already left in anger and shame. But Qu Duiyan, with an unbridled smile said, "I'm called Qu Duiyan. 'Qu' from the Qu River, and 'Duiyan' from 'willows weeping within the mist'1"

It was then that even the Yin Biyue who couldn't even discern 'The Seven Sons Bao Pu' recognized who she was.

Qu River was a river's name, but it was also the name of a Sage.

Yangliu2 was the Lian Jian Zong sect leader's name, as well as her daughter's name.

She said these words without any arrogance, only the natural magnanimity of someone introducing themselves.

This raised her impression in Yin Biyue's eyes not just a little, so he promptly said,

"Duan-shidi is inside. Let me call him for you."

Qu Duiyan startled a bit, "I'm not here for Duan-daozhang."

Yin Biyue stared back. A girl who came here not seeking Duan Chongxuan...... could it be that she came looking for Luo Mingchuan?

He didn't know why, but his heart grew oddly dismayed, "Then who are you looking for?"

Qu Duiyan conscientiously said, "I've come seeking you, Yin-shixiong."

Yin Biyue, stunned, said, "Seeking me... ... for what"

Qu Duiyan stepped forward, and as if she was inquiring if he'd eaten yet, asked, "Is Yin-shixiong married yet?"

"......Not yet."

Yin Biyue had yet to recover from the question when the next chased after immediately. "Then, Yin-shixiong, how about me?"

This time Yin Biyue was thoroughly stunned dumb.

In the entirety of his prior lengthy and endless career as a villain he had never had a 'confessed to by a little sister' event.

No, not even a confession; this BOSS's numerous past bodies were so far in the background, the female leads' spit never even reached him.

Is he now......beginning the plotline of hiding schemes now?

'Quickly tell me that this isn't real' began to play in an endless loop in Yin Biyue's head and refused to stop.

Qu Duiyan saw that he wasn't saying anything, yet she was not nervous. She only smiled and waited.