53

Chapter 53 – Blue Luan

For the first time, Duan Chongxuan's face turned cold, and a wave of breakthrough stage power suddenly burst forth. Li Lin withdrew a few steps subconsciously, standing behind a bodyguard.

He stretched out his neck and yelled, "Who cares who your dad is? No matter how big your dad is, can he be bigger than my dad?! My dad is Bao Pu Sect's Li Changhong. Don't mention that you don't dare to hit me in Ye City, you wouldn't dare to hit me anywhere else!"

He thought the other party was getting angry, so he cursed him even more unpleasantly. Duan Chongxuan did not say another word; instead he gazed outside the window and raised his head to the sky.

Yin Biyue had already stood up. If Chatterbox had the intention to make a move, he would go first against the Lesser Vessel cultivator.

Several city guards quietly walked behind Li Lin and his group, standing at a position where it would be advantageous to entangle Li Lin's bodyguards. The captain, when he saw, could tell that they wanted to mediate the fight by helping Yin Biyue's side, but he didn't stop them. It was considered to be tacitly allowed.

The atmosphere became tense. Li Ling seemed to have sensed something, and the sound of his curses began to weaken.

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

In reality Duan Chongxuan wasn't very angry. He was only missing his dad a little.

From the moment 'Feng Huo, Beckoning Fire' was used, he started to miss him. He thought back to when he was in seclusion experiencing a breakthrough, and during the time when he was self-reflecting.

As someone in his twenties, being away from home for so long, to think about his dad was really embarrassing. But he never even imagined that today he would encounter the world's stupidest question—

No matter how big your dad is, can he be bigger than my dad?

Thus he responded, "You're wrong. I'd dare to hit you, and my dad would dare to hit your dad."

Li Lin returned, "Pah!"

Okay, now the even stupider question came— How to prove that my dad is my dad?

Duan Chongxuan pondered a bit, and from his sleeves he pulled out a half-inch silver whistle. Everybody, even Yin Biyue didn't understand. This whistle wasn't even a dharma instrument; what was the point of pulling it out now?

Li Lin had already forgotten to keep cursing, nervously watching the other's movements.

Duan Chongxuan held the whistle and blew into it. The whistling sound was clear and drawn-out, travelling far and wide, drifting in the wind.

He gazed at the sky, expression solemn. However, after a few moments passed, nothing even happened.

Li Lin started to roar with laughter, "Ha ha ha, do you guys see this lousy toy—"

Duan Chongxuan also felt the same; maybe this thing was too old and unmaintained. Let alone, the distance was quite far, so even not hearing it was normal. He coughed lightly, planning to say something.

At this time, the leader looked out the window and said, "The wind started?"

The wind started abruptly. Without a trace of prior indication, there came cries of alarm and sounds of things falling from the streets. The thick elm tree ruthlessly bent over. The dust swirled around, blowing so hard that people couldn't even open an eye, and all fled into the shops.

The gale poured inside, causing the teahouse's windows to clatter. The tea set on Yin Biyue's table was blown onto the ground.

Crash. Pieces of broken porcelain shattered across the ground.