C h a p t e r 1 0 1

GAVIN's POV

Last day of class for the first semester. Defense day para sa Feasibility Study. We stayed late last night to prepare and rehearse our presentation. We even prepare the product itself.

"Tama ba ito?" I asked her.

We were in her unit right now. Making pastries and coffees that we are going to present tomorrow for our feasibility study. Actually, this is just a sample. We need to create a new one tomorrow morning. 11 am kasi ang time ng presentation namin bukas ng umaga. Kailangan ma-perfect namin ang mga product.

"Yeah." Maikli nitong tugon. I'm asking her if the measurement of the flour is correct. She's too busy making the perfect coffee for tomorrow.

I just want to watch her moving and very eager to finish those samples but I'm afraid that she'll get mad if I let her do all these.

So I'm really, really trying my best in helping her right now. I'm not good in the kitchen.

"After that, put in the other dry ingredients please then, mix it." utos niya. Ginawa ko naman ang sinabi nito.

Our feasibility study is a cafe that offers unique pastries and coffee that you will not typically see in any coffee shops in Manila. I don't know exactly how we ended up with these flavors and variants but I think they are all great.

"Okay, then put it in the oven at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes."

"Is this the last one?" I asked again.

"Yep." Nagtungo naman ito sa dining table at humarap sa laptop.

"Ako na diyan."

"Matatapos na ito." aniya.

"I know, Princess. But, let me finish it. Just take a rest for a while." I insisted. Tinitigan muna ako nito ng matagal. Buti na lang at nakinig naman ito.

"Kinakabahan ako para bukas." she said while staring at the printed copies of our study. Binubuklat niya ito at tinitignan ang pahina.

I am really nervous too, but I don't want her to be worried so, "We can do it." Cheering her up would be the best thing to do right now.

This would be the first time I am doing this sort of thing. I am not particularly conscious with my grades and all but this time, it's kind of different. Because, I'm with her.

"Hey, Gav! Ready na kayo?"

That question brought me back to the current situation. It's Tristan.

Tumango ako bilang tugon. I'm trying to reserve my energy para mamaya. Tinatamaan na rin kasi ako ng kaba. But, our rehearsal last night was great. Madison made some possible questions that the panels might ask us during the defense. Napakahusay ni Madison in answering her made up questions. I'm just hoping that everything will be okay later.

"Where's Madison?" he asked.

"She went to the restroom with the others."

"We're next." halatang kinakabahan din ito. Hawak nito ang dulo ng kanyang neck tie habang nagsasalita.

"Good luck, bruv!" and we do our handshake or the trademark fist bump of the band.

Pagbalik ni Madison at ng mga kaibigan nito ay dinaluhan nila kami kaagad.

"Goodluck, Tristan." bati ni Madison dito.

Ngumiti naman ang kaibigan ko. "Sa inyo rin ni Gavin."

Sometimes, I can help but think that Tristan had a crush on Madison. Sa sobrang tagal naming magkaibigan, alam ko na ang mga kilos ng mga kaibigan ko. Hindi ko lang maintindihan bakit hindi siya noon gumawa ng move para mas maging close sila ni Madison to think that they belong in the same circle. The council.