C h a p t e r 1 0 3

I smiled and winked at her and that made the crowd go wild. May mga taong nag-usisa pa kung kanino ako nakatingin. Hindi na naman magkamayaw ang mga kaibigan nito dahil sa ginawa ko. Trixie shakes Madison because of her extreme excitement. Macy is beating Madison at her legs.

I saw her reaction while listening to our song. Her smile is the brightest one in the crowd even if it's dim light. Priceless.

I sent a voice message to her because of the yellow emoji she sent that night. We didn't talk about it the next day. I haven't got the chance to ask her in person about the emoji and same with her, she didn't bother to ask about the song. Well, she's busy because of the preparation of the study and the defense. We didn't manage to have a talk regarding personal things.

We sang a couple of songs for about an hour.

"Isang set lang kayo tonight?" tanong ni Macy pagkabalik namin sa table nila

"Yeah. May tutugtog na iba after 30 minutes." sagot ni Reed sa kanya.

Hindi ko alam kung mananatili pa kami rito or aalis na ba, pero nag-uusap usap pa sila kaya humila ako ng upuan at tumabi kay Madison na busy sa cellphone.

"What's that?" usisa ko rito.

Inilapit nito ang cellphone at ipinakita ang isang video. It was me, singing.

"Shane took a video of you and sent it to me." she smiled.

I smiled back and looked at her friend who was also looking towards us. She's like a fairy god mother with that action of hers.

"You already had a voice message..." I told her.

"Who would have thought that someone in the crowd wants to hear that song too?" she said.

"Who would have thought that we've chosen that song out of all those inside the fish bowl?" I answered back.

We both laughed.

Coincidence? Fate? Whatever it is, I like the way it happened.

"Aren't we going home?"

"Busy pa sila mag-usap usap. Gusto mo na bang umuwi?"

I nodded. Inaantok na ako.

But for sure, pag-uwi ko at pagkahiga sa kama ko, wala na. Hindi na naman ako makakatulog kaagad.

"I will ask them." aniya at bumaling sa mga kaibigan namin. "Hindi pa ba tayo uuwi?"

Nagsipagtinginan silang lahat sa mga wrist watch at cellphone para i-check ang oras.

"Late na pala." sambit ni Evan.