Four

[|]

I held the smooth body of the phone tighter at the voice on the other end. My mouth went dry at the fact that Lucas Hamilton had answered my call directly made to my phone. I shook my head in disbelief then hissed.

"What are you doing with my phone?" I asked, angry that he had it all this while but didn't bother to find me and give it to me. He was such an annoying prick.

"How are you?" He asked.

I hissed at the cockiness in his tone and rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood for his games. All I needed was my phone.

"Can I have my phone, please?"

Lucas chuckled. "You call this thing a phone?"

I felt embarrassed at his words. My phone was not like the perfect and trending devices students at our school used. I was stuck with a cracked screen phone that had a weak battery and faded parts. I hated that someone like him was with it.

"How did you get my phone?" I asked.

"If I tell you, will you let me talk to you once again? Maybe, we could spend some time together. Who knows?"

I could understand what he was saying very well. He wanted me to be one of his girls who he slept with. I was sure it was also because he saw me in that locker room. He was a disgusting playboy.

"Why would we do that?" I asked and sat on my bed.

"Because you look a fun girl to be around with. Is there a problem with me wanting you around now?"

"Lucas, please. I'm not interested in all of these. All I need is my phone. So, kindly return the phone tomorrow to me at school," I said and ended the call.

Even though he was annoying, I could not deny the fact that he was charming in the sense that he could get whoever he wanted from his looks. Lucas Hamilton was a good-looking guy and that left me flustered to some point. Now, he was with my phone and things might not go so well with the idea he has in that head of his.

"Argh! Why couldn't it be someone else?" I scoffed and lay on my back. "All you have to do is meet him tomorrow and get your phone, that's all."

[|]

As early as possible, I arrived at school with the first mission at hand; getting my phone back. I made my way to my locker while looking around for Lucas Hamilton. I wanted to be the one to see him first not the other way around. I didn't want people to know I hung out with him. It would bring unnecessary attention to me which I've avoided since I've been in this school. I hated getting attention from people, it was a huge distraction.

I put in my combination and opened my locker then picked out my books for my first class. As I dropped my backpack into the locker, I spotted Lucas from my peripheral. I turned my head and saw that he had seen me. From the way he was walking fast, I knew he was heading my way. But before I could think of planning on walking in the other direction, one of his teammates blocked his path. I could see the irritation on his face as he glared at the person standing in front of him while looking my way.

I smiled and closed my locker then walked away.

[|]