Eighty-Nine

Slight Matured Scene.

[|]

"I can explain," I said with speed and Maddy blinked.

"Explain what?" She asked, tilting her head with a raised eyebrow. "Because what I just saw was the most fantastic comeback ever! Give me a high five!"

Maddy raised her right hand in front of my face and I only stared in utter shock as I tried to grasp what had just happened.

"Um." That was the only word I could speak.

Maddy looked past me and moved me aside. She sighed heavily and shook her head at her mother who was looking more shocked than before.

"Now, dear mother. How did it feel when someone insulted you for a change? It felt bad, right? Listen, I will be the one to put you in your place if you ever attack Jackie again. Also, Jackie isn't the reason why I have a sex life. Who I fuck isn't anyone's doing but mine. It's not hers or my fault dad can't service you down there anymore."

I covered my mouth so I would not laugh at her words. It was hilarious and savage. I had to look away to pretend like I had not heard her speak.

"Come on, Jackie," Maddy said and grabbed my hand. She dragged me out of the kitchen and stopped a few feet away from it.

"I am so sorry for saying those things to her. I couldn't control myself," I said, smiling.

"Don't apologize. She deserves it and more. Besides, she's only been like this because dad has a side chick that lives as a middle-class person. Her hatred for people lower than her doubles every time they do something related to her that hurts her. Anyway, can we not talk about that woman?"

I nodded and caught sight of two clothes in a plastic covering, resting on her forearm. She grabbed them and placed one of them in my hand.

"What's this?" I asked while staring at the purple and white material inside the plastic bag.

"That's a golfing outfit. Tsk, we have to go golfing in an hour with the rest of the family. This one belongs to Lucas, I don't know if I got his size right."

She handed me the other one and I felt uncomfortable about the fact that I was going to be with her family in such a place.

"Is it necessary that I go?" I asked.

"Mom wants everyone out of the house and on the golf course. It's annoying, I know. I'm not interested too. We can stay there for an hour and leave right after, okay?" Maddy cupped my cheek and smiled at me.

"Okay," I replied and she took her hand away.

"Thank you. I'll pay back for all these inconveniences you're going through," Maddy said and walked past me.

I groaned and pressed the clothes to my chest. The crinkle of the plastic filled my ears as I imagined a gathering filled with snobby rich people.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes when I saw Mrs. Kingston walk out of the kitchen. I straightened when she walked up to me, a scowl on her face. She eyed me up and down before scoffing.

"You'll pay for this, I promise," Mrs. Kingston said and walked by me, bumping her shoulder with mine.

"Yeah, right," I muttered and turned toward the grand steps.