Ninety

[|]

"Your sister writes love letters to you?" I was stunned to hear this. How was it so possible that she did such without anyone knowing.

"None of her letters came to me... Wait, I remember one time in Redside High. I had just finished practicing when I found a love note in my locker. I didn't even bother reading it because I tore it up and tossed it into a trashcan. That means, she has been writing this for a long and Axel's hired guy had broken into our house to find them."

I stepped back and started to imagine why someone would feel attracted to their brother. It was disgusting to me.

"Why would she do that when she knows we are related in some way?" Lucas asked, running his fingers through his hair in distress.

"Maybe she knows that you're her half-brother," I replied and he stared at me with an incredulous look.

"We are still related by blood, Jackie. We share the same mother. Nah, something doesn't feel right about this. It's just... It's crazy and disturbing that she would think of me like this."

I felt bad for him. A lot was going on since this case came back and it was pointing toward his family. First, Axel was at the scene of Tony's death and now his sister who he has always protected was against him. Ruth had been the one behind all of these because she hated me and wanted to make me leave him for her.

Before I could speak to console him, Maddy's father approached us yet again and I frowned at the bald man. I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes away from him.

"Are you busy, Lucas?" He asked and I glanced at my boyfriend.

"What do you want? Look, I'm not in the mood to talk or do anything," Lucas retorted and grabbed my hand.

"Oh, but it's important. It's about your parents. Why don't you come with me? I'll tell you what I have for you. It's important and I'm sure." He grimaced at me. "This one can spare a few minutes?"

I stopped myself from glaring at him and faced Lucas. I placed my other hand on top of Lucas' and squeezed, signaling to him that I was fine.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone?" Lucas asked and I nodded.

"Just go see what he wants. I'll find something to eat," I said and released his hand.

Lucas kissed my forehead and walked toward Mr. Kingston who started to walk away. I looked at them one last time and turned away. I narrowed my eyes and searched for Maddy who was nowhere in sight. After a few seconds of looking, I spotted her sitting on a bench with some older women. She looked bored, making me giggle.

I looked over at the small table with a few snacks and drinks and then walked over to it. I reached out my hand to take a donut when a shadow came into my line of vision. I looked up and saw Maddy's mother.

This woman seemed to be idle for a wealthy person.

"Are you hungry?" She asked with a sickeningly sweet smile on her face.

I noticed she was holding a big bowl sealed with foil then glanced at her face before focusing on the delicious donuts in front of me.

"I asked a question, Janna," she said.

"My name's Jackie. You're intelligent, right? You should know what my name is. Playing dumb doesn't suit you, ma'am," I said and grabbed a donut then brought it to my mouth. I took a small bite and grimaced at the saltiness of the treat.

"I don't know if you'll love it. I ordered that for some family members. Here, this is for you, Lucas, and Maddy. It's a meal I prepared for the three of you."

I narrowed my eyes at the bowl and hesitantly took it. She was being too nice which was suspicious. She smiled wider before walking away, swaying her hips as she did. I looked down at the bowl and peeled the foil aside. There were three plastic Tupperware in the bowl with what I saw were spaghetti and chicken. I also noticed name tags on them which made me realize that Maddy's plate was less with some coleslaw while my food and Lucas's were the same.

"Seems delicious and I'm very hungry," I said and took the one with my name on it. I sealed the top with the foil and dropped the bowl on the table.

I spotted a seat close by and sat down on it. There was a plastic fork taped to the top of the Tupperware, so I took it off and opened the plate. The spicy scent from the plate filled my nose and watered my mouth, making me twice as hungry as I was.

I stabbed the fork into the food and rolled some strands of the spaghetti around it then popped it into my mouth. The food was delicious and savory, making me eat faster.

After twenty minutes, the food was almost halfway done. I was feeling satisfied and covered the plate. I burped and sighed, filling full and energetic. I dropped the plate on the table and rose from the seat when I felt the urge to pee.

I started making my way to the building ahead of me, waving at a few people who greeted me or smiled at me. At least, some people at the family gathering were nice, unlike Maddy's parents who acted like they were practicing to go to hell.

I got into the building and went straight to the end of the hallway where I knew the restroom was located. Once I arrived in front of the door, I felt lightheaded.

"What the?" I pressed my temples when they ached and another wave of lightness took over my head. I fell forward and leaned on the door.

I hissed when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I pressed my hand on the spot and fisted my hand. It was so sharp that my legs went weak and I fell to the floor, hissing. I began to sweat and whimper as the pain got worse. I started feeling nauseous and dizzy as the sharp pain spread.

"Ah!" I screamed out when the pain hit me so hard that I started to tremble. I laid down on the floor, stretching my hand out for help.

My heart was beating so fast that I felt scared. Tears filled my eyes and rolled past the edges of my eyelids as I stared toward the other end of the hallway for anyone to help me.

"Somebody, help me," I whispered and clutched my stomach harder. "Please, help me."

Luckily, someone walked into the hallway but her attention was on her phone as she walked in my direction. I raised my hand in the air, hoping she'd raise her head and not use the door in the hallway leading to another area.

When she raised her head, she paused at the sight of me and ran to me. She fell beside me and helped me up. I screamed again in pain and leaned into her arms.

"What happened? Are you alright?" She asked. "Oh, my! You're bleeding!"

I was confused for a second only to feel a strong panic in me when I saw blood stains on my skirt and between my legs. The first thing that came to my head was... My baby.

A/n: What do you think happened?

I feel so sad writing this chapter. I'm sorry if this triggers anyone.

Who knows what's going to happen in the next chapter?