Hundred and Four

[|]

One year ago...

Maddy's POV

I was smiling from ear to ear as I stared at the strong and naked back of Lucas Hamilton. I was proud of the marks from my fingernails on his back. He had to be the best man that gave me so much pleasure. I didn't even have to do much but he made my body feel so good and alive that I pleaded for more which he denied me.

I sat up on the bed when he started to move with a small moan. I pulled the blanket down, exposing my chest as I saw him raise his head. I tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear and bit my lip. Soon after, Lucas sighed and turned his head. His eyes went wide at my presence then he quickly sat up.

"Hi," I said, smiling wider.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in that deep and husky voice of his.

"Are you forgetting what happened last night?" I asked in a low voice and started to lean forward.

"I'm asking because I want to know why you're still here," He said in a cold voice that sent a pang straight to my heart.

"But... I was thinking we could go for another round. You made me feel so special last night and I want more," I said to him and placed my hand on his chest.

Lucas stared at my hand for some seconds before glaring up at me. I was confused about the way he was reacting. I was used to his nonchalance toward me but knowing that I felt strong feelings for him, he needed to at least treat me respectfully.

"Leave," he said and got out of bed. I swept my eyes over his bare back and butt that was covered with his boxers.

"But it's just four in the morning. I can't leave now," I complained as he searched the floor of the room.

"You live five houses away, Maddy. It's too early for you to get on my bad side. Just because we've fucked does not mean we are suddenly in a relationship. Everyone at school keeps claiming we have something going on because of your mouth. You better stop it and go find someone who likes you because I don't," Lucas said in a cold voice and grabbed his clothes off the floor.

"You need to stop acting this way when you know that we are supposed to get to know each other so much more. We are getting married, Lucas. Stop being a jerk for once," I angrily spoke.

Lucas simply stared at me before leaving the room. I hissed and gritted my teeth. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it up to my chest. I was so sad that I felt like punching something. Lucas has always been this way, even though our parents were so close to one another. His parents liked me so much yet he didn't and it hurt. I didn't want any embarrassment from the students at school because they looked up to us in some way.

I ran my fingers through my hair and relaxed my mind. A smirk appeared on my lips when a thought crossed my mind.

"He won't be running away from me so much, very soon. No matter how much you run, we'll end up together in the end," I said and chuckled then got out of bed.

[|]

Later that morning, I was done dressing up for school and made my way downstairs for breakfast. I walked into our grand kitchen and found my mother reading a magazine with a glass of wine in her hand. I walked over to her and kissed her cheek.