Twenty-Six

[|]

Lucas' POV

I had to blink hard to confirm if it was Jackie Garner, wearing a short silky red robe with her long hair framing her face. I had to look at her body up and down, taking in her long smooth legs to confirm if she was the one or just a look alike.

"Jackie... Jackie Garner?" I asked and she looked down, playing with her fingers.

What was she doing in such a place?

"Do you know her?" Amelia asked and stood closer to Jackie who refused to meet my eyes.

"Yeah, I do," I replied.

"That's nice but she's on a timer. So, she's going to be the one pleasing Jared here and—"

Her words cut through my heart like a sharp knife I glared at her. Everything started coming back to me, from Amelia revealing Jackie was a virgin and Jared sleeping with a virgin. Something in me snapped and I grabbed Jackie by her arm and tugged her close to me. I heard her gasp and wrapped my arm around her small waist.

"Can I talk to her for a minute?" I demanded and when Jared was about to protest, I glared at him, shutting him up.

"Listen, handsome. She's my girl for tonight and she's just starting today. Let her go and you two can talk later," Amelia said, sounding irritated.

Instead of replying to her, I took Jackie's hand and dragged her with me to a corner in the back. I was surprised she had not said anything or fought me off. As I pinned her back gently against the wall, I heard sniffles coming from her bowed head.

"Jackie? Look at me," I said and she shook her head.

I cupped her cheeks and tilted her head upward. My eyes softened when I saw tears flowing down her cheeks. Her eyes were closed and her lips pressed into a thin line.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she pushed me away, startling me.

"Why are you always everywhere? Why can't you stop appearing in my life all the time?" She asked through fresh tears.

No woman, outside of my family had ever made my heart constrict from the pain I could hear in her voice and facial expressions. Even though I didn't know her that much, she was someone who would never be in such a place.

"You can tell me anything," I said and she glared at me.

"Why do you always ruin everything for me?" She asked in a broken tone. "I finally have my way out and you come out of nowhere, standing in between my decisions. Look, Lucas. I have things to do, so avoid me for the rest of the night."

She started to walk away but I grabbed her arm and pulled her to my chest. She struggled against my body I felt her soft skin, especially her soft breasts rubbing against my chest. I hated how I could not ignore that part of her body in such a situation but I was a man.

Jackie eventually stopped struggling and rested her forehead on my chest. I stiffened at her position and stared at the wall behind her with wide eyes. Her shoulders began to shake and I found myself wrapping my arms around them, comforting her in the best way I knew.

"Why me? Why does this keep happening to me? I am so tired," she said against my chest and I felt wet spots on my shirt.

I stayed silent as I didn't know how to comfort a woman or what words to use to comfort her. I sucked at such and hated how I never learned how to. Maybe YouTube could help me later tonight.