Hundred and Twenty

[|]

"You know, at some point, I started to give up on Lucas since I saw you weren't interested in him. That's where Clark comes in," Maddy said and sat down on a chair the man had brought for her. "I saw him, he was rich, handsome, and a player like Lucas. They had the same issues, family problems and all. I felt like I had Lucas but in a different body."

I was too weak to even try to tell her how crazy she was. I saw her type of person in the movies and books. It was so unbelievable I was experiencing such before my very eyes.

"As I was saying before this, I found out Lucas was going to our college and I had to forfeit a prestigious university to be close to him. I watched him but with you around, it was so hard. I ended up regretting canceling your scholarship to the college in the UK. I wish I had but I'm only human. When I found out you choose this college as your second choice, I had to keep you close and make sure you got in. I'm sorry for everything you went through but you deserve it and more," Maddy said, glaring at me.

"You knew that I had no contact with Lucas. You knew I had no idea he was with us. Why did you still torture me?" I asked and she grimaced.

"I didn't torture you again," she said with a shrug. "My hate for you began when you started seeing him again. I wanted to do something about the situation but couldn't think of a good plan. So, when I noticed Clark was so into you, I knew I had to weaponize it somehow. His housemate doesn't like him so I used him. I made sure he caught you two in a compromising position because I knew Clark would do something stupid. He can't control what's between his legs."

Tears began to sting my eyes as she spoke, wondering what was wrong with her.

"You are nothing but a bitch," I said through gritted teeth.

Maddy rushed to me and cupped my chin hard, her fingernails digging into my skin.

"Me? A bitch?" She moved my head from side to side. "What is in you that they see?" She asked, eyes hard. "You are ugly, poor, pathetic and nothing pleasing to the eyes. Even my maid has more class than you. You are like the dirt under my shoes. What is in you that these men see and go crazy about? When I am the perfect definition of a complete woman."

I felt heartbroken at how she shamed me. It hurt that someone I trusted and cared about could say such a thing to me. It hurt so deeply that my heart ached.

"You took Lucas away from me and when I moved on a bit, you took Clark too! You are such a whore! A gold-digging whore! I am sure that if I was a guy, you would have wanted me too because I am just as rich as they are!" She moved back and slapped me hard across the cheek. "I hate you so much for bringing me to this level! Everything that has happened is your fault! Your fault! I'll make you pay for it!"

Fear became so full in my body that sweat pooled out of my body. I felt restless and my breathing became irregular. My head was aching and I felt nauseous. I knew what Maddy was capable of doing and Lucas and Barry had no idea where I was.

"Tonight, you will die! Your soul will watch as I marry the love of my life!" She yelled and went over to the man standing in the corner. She snapped her fingers and he handed her a file. "In this file contains the original copy of the marriage contract. The one we signed wasn't it, though it still means we are married."

"Lucas will never marry you. He'd rather burn you alive," I said venomously and she laughed.

"Not when I have his Jackie on the verge of death, he will." She opened the file. "Tonight, I will become Mrs. Maddy Hamilton. The name is so sexy. Prepare your mind for your death because I will spare you the heartbreak of seeing Lucas be mine."