Hundred and Twenty-Four

[|]

Jackie's POV

The moment Lucas had shifted, I was confused because I had been expecting him to fall at the impact of the bullet but I saw someone else; Axel.

When I had seen Lucas at first, I felt my heart stop beating, I had felt like I lost it all. I thought I had lost him, I thought I had lost the man I loved but when I saw Axel, I didn't feel any different. Axel was my best friend, a brother I never had. I never had a sibling but it felt like I was losing one when I saw Axel taking the bullet for us.

I didn't know if I could have screamed or passed out at the sight of Axel. I had not expected Axel to take the bullet. When I saw Lucas broken at the sight of his brother, I prayed that Axel was alright.

The moment I saw Maddy run off, I knew I had to go after her before she escaped. I didn't even think twice and ran after her, picking up the gun she had dropped in the process.

When I saw that Maddy had run out through a door in a corner. I pushed the door and looked on each side of the long hallway for her. I heard footsteps toward the left and went in that direction, which led me to an opened door that gave me a view of the back of the church. I ran out and rushed to a stop, still searching for her.

"Maddy?!" I called out, looking around the empty and small expanse of land. I took a turn at the end of the building, panting and holding my stomach.

The place was slightly dark and gloomy from the trees. There was barely any light coming from anywhere. The only things I could hear were crickets and the rustle of the trees, as well as the dried leaves crunching under my feet as I walked backward, looking out for Maddy.

"Where the hell is she?" I asked. There was no way she could have gone far, the trees were quite close to the small building of the church.

I held my breath when I heard a twig snap behind me. I quickly turned around and saw Maddy about to run.

"Stop right there or I'll fucking shoot!" I yelled, marching toward her still form with the gun pointing at her.

Maddy slowly turned around and smiled at me.

"Brave of you to come after me," she said and placed her hands on her hips.

"Put your hands up, I want to see them!" I ordered and she shrugged, raising her hands at the height of her head.

"Is Axel dead?" She asked and smirked.

"Don't piss me off!" I stopped in front of her, gun still pointed at her.

"You won't shoot," she taunted.

"I will if you think you can run your stupid mouth," I threatened and she scoffed.

"You can't do anything. You can't even hurt a fly. What makes you think you can shoot me and—"

I hit her with the butt of the gun, sending her to the ground with a loud groan. I glared at her and pointed the gun back at her.

"Don't tempt me, you bitch! Do you think I don't have thoughts of ending your fucking life?!" I yelled. "You ruined everything for me! You ruined my happiness for a man!"

Maddy was still facing the ground and when she turned, she kicked the gun with her foot and brushed my ankle, making me fall to my side. I hissed in pain and groaned when tackled. She raised her fist and hit my face.

"You fucking bitch!" I yelled and pushed her off me after grabbing her hand and twisting it. I pinned her to the ground and started struggling to get her arms out of the way.

"You had the chance to shoot me, why didn't you?!" Maddy yelled and punched me in the face. "You are nothing but a weak bitch! Can't even pull a fucking trigger. I know you have a soft spot for me!"

I fell back, holding my painful cheek. I felt her move away and I snapped my back to my senses, ignoring the pain. I saw her crawling away and when I spotted the gun, I realized she was crawling to get to it. I crawled after her and wrapped my arms around her neck. She fell face flat and I tightened my hold around her neck.

Maddy began to choke the more I tightened my hold. She scratched my arm with her sharp nails, urging me to let go but I tightened it more. When she let go of my arm, I smirked but cried out when she elbowed my rib, making me release her.

I got myself back when she grabbed the gun and started to turn in my direction but I was quick to grab her hand and push the gun away which fired in the new direction.

"I'm going to kill you!" Maddy said. "You don't deserve to live!"

I struggled to push the gun in the opposite direction the more she struggled to move it in my direction. I straddled her and used all my power to move the gun further away, at the same time, trying to take it from her hand.

"I wish I had never met you," I said while struggling. "I wish I had not gotten into your car a year ago. I wish I never followed you to that party. I wish I never trusted you!"

"I wish I had ended you the day I had the chance to! I could have been happy with Lucas. I could have been the pregnant one!" She yelled back and hit me in the back with her knee.

My body went forward, crashing against her but I pushed myself back, almost losing hold of her hands. I saw an opening and used my elbow to hit her in the eye then she screamed, holding her face. She let go of the gun and I felt at ease, taking the opportunity to grab the gun from her chest.

But the moment my hands touched the weapon, she got back to her senses and grabbed it with me at the same time. When I saw she had more advantage with the gun, which faced me with her finger on the trigger, panic swam through me and I quickly tried to twist the gun in her direction.

The trigger was pulled and I froze.

A/n: Oh...No.

Please, leave a comment and vote.