Hundred and Twenty-Seven

[|]

The next day, we were back to the hotel we had been in before Maddy captured me. When I woke up, I felt an odd feeling at the thought of Maddy being dead. Even though she ended up betraying me, she had been part of my life and it made me a little sad that she had to end the way she did.

I pushed away the feeling and sat up on the bed. I looked at the other side of the bed and smiled at a sleeping Lucas. He was facing the other way, bare-chested. I leaned forward and ran my hand over his smooth chest. He moved his body a little but didn't wake up. I rested my chin on my palm and stared at him.

His jawline was covered with very light beards and I pictured him with a full beard. He would look handsome with it and more mature as I imagined him with a trimmed beard. It made me smile as I focused on his hair which was a bit longer.

I began to imagine our life together with a child running around the house. I smiled wider at the imagination.

"All I want is happiness from here on out," I said and kissed his shoulder before getting out of the bed.

I slipped my feet into my flip-flops and walked straight to the window. I parted the curtains and sighed, taking in the dewy street. I could see some rays of the rising sun hitting some parts of the buildings downstairs.

I placed my hands on the cold window and smiled. My smile dropped when I felt Lucas' warm arms around my waist and his chin on my shoulder. I giggled when he kissed my neck and squeezed my hips.

"Good morning, baby," he whispered and I returned his greeting. "What are you doing awake so early?"

"I was done with sleeping anyway. Remember, I slept early last night?" I asked and he nodded his head. "Plus, I came to think which I didn't get to do now you're awake with me."

Lucas tickled me and I laughed in his arms before he stopped and held me a bit tighter.

"What were you about to think anyway?"

I shrugged. "My life, the future, and how it's weird knowing Maddy's dead. The impact of it came to me as soon as I woke up. It's just a strange feeling. I was attached to her and kind of affected by her death with just 0.5% feelings."

Lucas chuckled. "We shouldn't let her rule our thoughts. She suffered us enough and letting her come into our minds is not good right now. Let's think of ourselves only."

I turned around and he shifted back a bit. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and stood on the tip of my toes then kissed his nose and cheek before standing on my feet fully.

"I want to start a new life with you, Lucas," I said. "I don't want any more heartbreaks, lies, or hidden secrets that may affect our future. I love you too much to keep on having to fight people who want to separate us."

"Me too, love," Lucas said and cupped my cheeks. "I want to build my life with you because you are my whole world. We don't know what is coming for us in the future but I want to say that our love will be stronger than whatever comes between us. You are my best friend and the love of my life. You are my soulmate and I won't be complete without you. I promise to cherish you for the rest of my life."

Tears brimmed my eyes at his emotional words and I smiled through the tears. He wiped them before they fell and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, Jackie. So fucking much," he said and my heart skipped a beat and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"I love you too, Lucas," I said and he placed his head in the crook of my neck and then nibbled on it, sending warm feelings through my body and core.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" He whispered against the flesh of my neck.