Hundred and Twenty-One

[|]

Lucas' POV

I took out my gun from my duffle bag and checked for bullets. I saw it was fully loaded and fixed the gun between the waistline of my pants and my back. I covered it up with my shirt and grabbed my jacket then turned toward the door. I paused to take deep breaths.

I was scared and worried and I was feeling like I was going to go crazy. I was so mad at myself for leaving Jackie alone when I knew Maddy was around. Now, she was with a crazy bitch who was probably going to hurt her. Whatever I had to do, I had to act smart and not put Jackie in danger.

I exhaled and opened the door then walked out of the room where I met Barry leaning against the wall across me.

"Ready to go?" They asked and I nodded.

"Yes. Have you called the police?" I asked.

"Remember the Redside police department is on their payroll, I don't think it's going to be something they'll like to hear," Barry said, pushing themselves off the wall.

"You're right. They won't care about what we say," I said and gritted my teeth. "Let's go."

Barry nodded and walked ahead of me. I stayed back, saying a quick prayer. I had to save Jackie no matter what. I had to save her and our baby. I needed us to be together until the end and I wasn't about to allow Maddy to ruin it for me.

[|]

Barry drove to a stop in front of the church. The bright light from the small building lit up the tree-filled place. There were barely any houses close by, giving the environment a deserted feeling. As I sat in the car, my heart was pounding, and worry doubled in me.

"Everything is going to be okay. I'm scared too, Lucas. Maddy has Axel and I love him so much. Losing him would kill me," Barry said, their voice heavy with emotions.

I understood them, I was feeling the same way as I didn't want to lose Jackie because of a woman who did not understand simple logic.

"Are you ready?" Barry asked and I nodded.

I became conscious of the gun behind me when I saw a tall and muscular man walk out of the church. He was staring at us and motioned with his fingers that we come forward. I saw a gun in his hand, resting by his side and I knew things would get bloody if we weren't careful.

"Let's go," Barry said and we simultaneously got out of the car.

I adjusted my shirt and slowly made my way toward the frowning man. Once we got to him, he pushed me in and did the same to Barry. I stumbled a little and continued to walk when another man pointed a gun at me from behind the door. I raised my hand and walked into the church.

I dropped my hands the moment I saw Jackie pressed up against Maddy's front. Maddy's arm was around her chest and a gun was pointed at Jackie's temple. I have never felt a fear so great as the one in me at that moment.

"Jackie?!" I called out and took a step forward but Maddy pointed the gun at me.

"Make one move and I'll kill her!" She yelled and pointed the gun back at her. "Step back!"

I gulped, sweating profusely. I made eye contact with Jackie. She was looking weak with some locks of her hair sticking to her face due to sweat. My eyes went to her baby bump and I got angry. She didn't deserve to be in this position.