Thirty-Five

[|]

By the time I was done, it was seven in the night and I was exhausted and hungry. I had barely rested since I started cleaning the whole house which made me wonder what type of people he lived with and how he lived through so much dirt.

Clark was not home when I finished and he was not picking his calls. I had to wait for him since he had not left my pay for the day anywhere in the house.

I was getting bothered because it was getting late and I did not know how safe it was around here, especially when taxis barely drove around the neighborhood.

As if on cue, the front door opened and I rose from the couch I had been sitting on. I heard footsteps and sighed in relief when I saw Clark.

"Oh, my God. I am so sorry that you're still here. Something important came up and I had to rush out," Clark said, walking up to me. "Are you done?"

"Yes."

Clark ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"Alright. Here's your pay," he said, bringing out his wallet. He opened it and I saw wads of cash inside that made me look away. "I am sorry for keeping you waiting."

"It's fine," I said.

"Here," he said and I looked at his hand. My eyes widened when I saw three hundred dollar notes and not two.

"My pay is $200."

"I know but because I left you here for long, take this," he said and I slowly took the crisp money from him. "Do you have a ride home?"

"I'll take a taxi."

"Let me drive you home."

"No, you don't have to do that."

Clark shook his head and jiggled his keys.

"Please, let me take you home."

"Fine."

[|]

Clark pulled to a stop of the apartment building. I unfastened my seatbelt and grabbed my bag then got out of the car. I heard him opening his car which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"You live here now?" He asked as he stood beside me.

"Yeah, with a friend."

As if the devil knew I was talking about him, Lucas walked out of the building's entrance and saw us. He looked at Clark for some seconds before looking at me. Then he made his way over to us and stood close to me. So close that he held my upper arm tenderly.

"Where have you been?" He asked as he stared down at me, worry in his blue eyes.

I felt a flutter in my stomach when I felt his thumb rub circles ontop of my skin. I glanced at Clark who was staring blankly at Lucas who barely looked at him.

"I was at work. I just came back," I said.

"Hi, I'm Clark."

I watched as Clark set his hand out for a handshake which Lucas glared at before staring back at me.

"Jackie, you made me worried. You're not used to this place. I thought something had happened. I've been trying to call you and you weren't answering," Lucas said and I could sense a hint of anger in his tone.

He was probably holding himself back from raising his voice in Clark's presence.

"Come on, man. Don't blame her, it was my—"

"You! Stay out of this. Come on, Jackie," Lucas said and grabbed my hand then dragged me with him up the stairs to the building.

I looked over my shoulder at Clark and waved with my free hand. Clark smiled and waved back then I faced forward when we entered the lobby. I stared at Lucas' strong back as he walked then down at our joined hands. His large hand covered mine in a warm cocoon that had me blushing. We stopped in front of an elevator and waited when he pushed the button.

"Lucas, I'm sorry," I said and tried to pull my hand out but he held me a little tighter, which made tingles flow through my body.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. We walked in and he pushed our floor button. When the doors closed, I gasped when he stood in front of me, towering my short self. I looked up at him and saw angry hooded eyes.

I backed away when I noticed he had released my hand only to feel my back touching the cold golden wall. Slowly, Lucas closed the space between us with his hands on both sides of my face.

"What time does your work end?"

"I don't know," I whispered and nibbled my bottom lip. I saw his eyes move to my mouth and I bit my lip more, feeling nervous.

"I don't like you coming home late," he whispered.

When he uttered the word 'home' I felt weird. The fact that he referred to it as home made me feel different and warm all over.

"Well, it's my work. I have to make money to train myself in school," I replied and he groaned.

"I know and I admire that in you but these streets aren't safe for you. You live with me now and it's my duty to keep you safe or to make sure you're safe until you're used to this area. Plus," he said and eyed my body up and down.

It was then I realized I was still in my cleaning outfits. The black shorts only covered my ass and touched just a few inches below it and the white tank top clinged to my skin so tightly that someone could see my bra line.

"You in this outfit... Don't tell me this is what you wear to clean?" He whispered and looked into my eyes.

I swallowed at how dark his eyes had become. I looked down at his moist parted lips and felt a buzzing sensation between my legs. I felt the urge to press my body up against his but held myself from falling into temptation.

"It is," I said and he hissed, looking away.

"Do you have to wear this while cleaning? It's... It's too se—"

The sound of the elevator doors opening caused him to stop speaking. He moved away and I felt like I could breathe again. He stared at me from under his long lashes before walking out of the elevator. I exhaled hard and rushed out.

"What is happening to me?" I whispered to myself when I felt the same sensation between my legs.

This was new for me and I liked it?

A/N: Worried Lucas is hot though.