Hundred and Eighteen

[|]

Jackie's POV

I woke up with a hungry stomach and looked around the room, there was no sign of Lucas. I sat on the bed and rubbed my arms, warming my skin up. I pushed the blanket off my body and rose to my feet. I spotted my phone on the side table and picked it up to check the time.

"Seven thirty," I said and yawned. I stood up and went over to the other side of the room where my bag was. I unzipped it and took out a sweater and matching pants.

I wore them and put my hair into a low ponytail. I grabbed my wallet and made my way to the door, only to pause when the door opened. Lucas smiled as soon as he saw me then he walked in and closed the door.

"Where were you going?" He asked.

"I just woke up. I'm hungry and want to head downstairs to the hotel's restaurant to eat. Where have you been?" I asked and noticed a dark shade over his face. Worry came over me and I stepped forward.

Lucas took my hand and pulled me with him to the bed. We sat at the same time and I stared at his face, still waiting for a response from him. He ran his fingers through his hair, making locks of his hair fall over his forehead and eyes.

"What is it?" I whispered and he tilted his head, making me stare directly into his blue eyes.

"I went to Maddy's family mansion," he said.

"Are you crazy?" I asked and he smiled.

"I wanted to meet her father, to confront him for killing my father all because of wealth but someone beat me to it," he said and I nodded. "I got there and there were police cars all around. Maddy's mom killed her husband."

I pushed myself to my feet in shock. My eyes became wide at his statement. It was hard to believe that someone that was locked up could do such.

"S-she killed her husband? Why?" I asked and he shrugged.

"She wanted revenge and he deserves it even though I wanted him alive to suffer for it. I wanted him to suffer from my hands but I could say that I'm glad he's dead and gone forever," Lucas said, tone heavy.

I knew how much this meant to him as this man had been the one to murder his real father. Even though I was sure he never shared a close relationship with his father, knowing the way his father's twin was toward him as a child, affected him still. Especially when he would have had a better man for a father all this while.

"What are you going to do about your... Sorry, Axel's dad? Are you ever going to confront him?" I asked and Lucas shrugged. I sat down back and he sighed.

"I don't know. I have nothing to say to him. I have no relationship with that man as he had cut me off from his life a long time ago. The only one connecting us is my half-siblings and my shares in the family business. Having a share in the company is just a means of passive income and I don't want him to know about it. I deserve to have a part of that fortune since I believe my father had too," he said and I felt sad that he has gone through a lot.

I wrapped my arm around his and placed my head on his shoulder. He relaxed and exhaled then placed his hand on my thigh.

"I want our future to be different," Lucas said and I raised my head off his shoulder to look at him. "I want us to be better parents for our child. Even though the thought of fucking up terrifies me, I still want to do everything possible to be the father to my child that I never had," Lucas said with so much emotion in his voice.