Sixty-Three**

[|]

Mature Chapter.

Lucas' POV

When Jackie had said those words to me about being more than just what I was to her, I knew I had to take that as a sign to ask her to be officially mine. It took me a lot of thought to convince myself that I could do it and not feel nervous, even though I was still shaking from nervousness.

There was one thing I was scared of, and that was rejection. She had rejected me once in high school and it hurt like a bitch but if she rejected me right now, I would be heartbroken.

As I got on my knee with her back turned to me, I waited until she turned around. When she did, her body stiffened and her eyes became wide from shock.

"Lucas, what are you doing?" She asked, eyeing my bent leg and then my face.

I smiled on the outside but I was feeling restless on the inside. For the first time in my life, I didn't know how to talk to a girl unlike how it was so easy for me to woo girls before I met Jackie. Maybe it was because she was just perfect, unlike anyone I've known and been with.

I took a deep breath and looked into her sparkling eyes.

"Is this too soon? I don't know if it is but it's not for me as far as I have you in my life. Jackie, the very first day I saw you, I was a jerk to you," I said and she did a face that looked like she concurred. "Aside from that, I saw you as the most beautiful woman on that day. You were so adorable and beautiful even when you were soaked all over. I felt something in me at the sight of you and then when we first kissed. God, I felt a feeling stir in me. I didn't know what it was until you slipped away. I didn't stop thinking about you, I never stopped. When I saw you again, I knew I had to keep you. I knew I had to not let you slip away again."

I felt my throat tighten and my lips go dry. I had to do this and I could not tell if the tears in her eyes were out of sadness or happiness— It wasn't helping my anxiety.

"Days passed, months passed, and I started to understand what I felt for you, Jackie Garner. So, tonight... On one knee and with a heart full of strong feelings for you," I paused to take a deep breath. "Jackie Garner, will you make me the happiest man on earth and be my lover, my best friend, and my girlfriend?"

Jackie gasped and covered her opened mouth with her hands. I smiled at her reaction and bit my lip when she looked over my head before walking over to me. She sniffed and wiped her cheeks before chuckling.

"Yes, Lucas. I will be your girlfriend," Jackie said and I stood to my feet.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and twirled us around. I laughed when she started to squeal. I was so excited that I felt like screaming out my lungs to the whole world, so they would hear how happy I am.

"Thank you so much," I said and dropped her onto her feet. I pulled back and cupped her cheeks between my hands.

My eyes darted to her parted lips and her glistening brown eyes. Without wasting any more time, I leaned down and kissed her lips. I moaned at the feel of her soft lips and pulled her closer to my body, craving the feel of her softness on my hard one.

I held the back of her head and tilted mine to deepen the kiss. I ran my tongue against her lips and moaned when she parted them, granting me access to her mouth. I dove my tongue into her warm mouth and circled my tongue around hers. I started to feel my pants go tight as I got hard. I wanted her again but didn't know if she was ready for me again.